Ken Rockwell: Advice from The Master

Old December 2nd 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

Default Ken Rockwell: Advice from The Master

Our Photo Master, Ken Rockwell writes:

"Always look at someone's portfolio before you ask their opinion. If
the person spewing out advice hasn't made any great photos you ought to
ignore him."

Good idea, Master Ken.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/gallery.htm

OK, bad idea.

Next, Ken tells us that he and his wife are expecting their first
child.

"Baby boy on the way for December 2006. We're looking for name
suggestions, especially strong German, Norse, English, Irish, Scottish
or Viking names."

Well, I guess "Ansel" is out. How about Barnum, Rummy, or Finegan?
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Next, we get a sneak peek at our Photographic Master just being
himself:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/2000/imag...o/rockwell.MPG

Boy, I'm just glad that guy doesn't do car reviews as well.
What's that? Ohmygod! He DOES do car reviews!
http://www.kenrockwell.com/cars/index.htm

Old December 2nd 06, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

STOP IT!!!

ROTFLMAO!!

:-)

Old December 2nd 06, 10:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
mogh baba

On 1 Dec 2006 19:39:19 -0800, "Annika1980" wrote:

"Baby boy on the way for December 2006. We're looking for name
suggestions, especially strong German, Norse, English, Irish, Scottish
or Viking names."

Nikon is a propper name

Old December 2nd 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JohnR66

[...]

Good god! His cheap camera logic doesn't apply to autos does it? No wonder
he wants donations : )

Old December 2nd 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bmoag

You seem to imply that just because someone creates a website and passes
himself/herself as an expert on a topic that person might not actually have
a clue what they are writing about?
Are you implying the same thing about people who post on this newsgroup?

Old December 2nd 06, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Annika1980 wrote:
Our Photo Master, Ken Rockwell writes:

"Always look at someone's portfolio before you ask their opinion. If
the person spewing out advice hasn't made any great photos you ought to
ignore him."

Good idea, Master Ken.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/gallery.htm

OK, bad idea.

Whoa! Is Ken's favorite technique to oversaturate the colors or what?

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 3rd 06, 11:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

"Annika1980" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our Photo Master, Ken Rockwell writes:

"Always look at someone's portfolio before you ask their opinion. If
the person spewing out advice hasn't made any great photos you ought to
ignore him."

Good idea, Master Ken.
http://www.kenrockwell.com/gallery.htm

OK, bad idea.

Yow! I thought you were joking with your fake Rockwells. The real things are
just as gross.

David J. Littleboy

Tokyo, Japan

Old December 3rd 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

"bmoag" wrote in message
et...
You seem to imply that just because someone creates a website and passes
himself/herself as an expert on a topic that person might not actually
have a clue what they are writing about?
Are you implying the same thing about people who post on this newsgroup?

It's because, for a long time, a lot of people have cited KR as an authority
on various camera related topics. I think it's gone to his head...

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 3rd 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor

Skip wrote:
"bmoag" wrote in message
et...
You seem to imply that just because someone creates a website and passes
himself/herself as an expert on a topic that person might not actually
have a clue what they are writing about?
Are you implying the same thing about people who post on this newsgroup?

It's because, for a long time, a lot of people have cited KR as an authority
on various camera related topics. I think it's gone to his head...

Yeah, that pretty much happened to me on the topic of "awesomeness" a
couple of years ago.
Old December 5th 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Annika1980 wrote:

edited, for brevity

Next, Ken tells us that he and his wife are expecting their first
child.

"Baby boy on the way for December 2006. We're looking for name
suggestions, especially strong German, Norse, English, Irish, Scottish
or Viking names."

Well, I guess "Ansel" is out. How about Barnum, Rummy, or Finegan?
Yeah, that's the ticket!

Hello, Bret:

"Ansel" is too Jewish, ya think? :-J

edited

Boy, I'm just glad that guy doesn't do car reviews as well.
What's that? Ohmygod! He DOES do car reviews!
http://www.kenrockwell.com/cars/index.htm

Hmmm, look at all the exotic European iron on that Web page (Mercedes,
BMW, Saab, etc.). Not an American vehicle in view; Ken Rockwell is
evidently a Commie rat! G

And here's another thing: If he can afford such expensive wheels, why
is he always begging for donations to his site? :-P

Cordially,
John Turco