Filter ???

Old May 31st 04, 11:26 PM
Mike Jenkins

Default Filter ???

Hi, I need to know how many stops of light I will lose using a B+W 091 dark
red filter? Thanks,mj

Old June 1st 04, 12:36 AM
jjs

In article k.net, "Mike
Jenkins" wrote:

Hi, I need to know how many stops of light I will lose using a B+W 091 dark
red filter? Thanks,mj

It's got a filter factor of about 8 (3 stops) and admits light of about
600nm on up.
Old June 1st 04, 05:37 AM
Stacey

Mike Jenkins wrote:

Hi, I need to know how many stops of light I will lose using a B+W 091
dark red filter?

3 stops. I've also found that some B&W films might need even more exposure
to get printable negs using this type of filter so I'd bracket another stop
over and look at the results.
--

Stacey
Old June 1st 04, 06:57 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Stacey wrote:

Hi, I need to know how many stops of light I will lose using a B+W 091
dark red filter?

3 stops. I've also found that some B&W films might need even more exposure
to get printable negs using this type of filter so I'd bracket another

stop
over and look at the results.

Depends on type of light too.
In artificial light, there is proportionally more red, hence a larger part
will be filtered out, which in turn means more compensation needed.
In daylight, there is ... You get the picture. ;-)

Old June 2nd 04, 08:21 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

David J. Littleboy wrote:

Depends on type of light too.
In artificial light, there is proportionally more red, hence a larger

part
will be filtered out, which in turn means more compensation needed.

Oops.

"Oops" indeed.

Anyway, "You get the picture. ;-)"