Widget options... solar eclipse

Old June 22nd 17, 03:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default Widget options... solar eclipse

FYI, the intended application is for this August's Solar Eclipse.

I happened to see today's B&H "Deal" for a camera trigger from MIOPS:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1074687-REG/miops_miops_camera_trigger.html

This one looks to be more/different than what I'm looking for.

What I'm looking for is some sort of widget that I can plug into
a dSLR body that will then run through a previously programmed
sequence of exposures.

Want to be able to control:

- Shutter Speed
- f/stop
- ISO

....and for it to run through a preprogrammed sequence of shots,
probably 20-50 images over 90-120 seconds.

Note that this isn't 20 shots with the same settings taken at
~2 second intervals ... I'm looking to extensively bracket
within the short time window of the eclipse and am willing to
pay to automate.

Bonus:
- mirror lock-up

I'm thinking probably NOT wireless, because I don't want
crosstalk with other nearby cameras.

The target dSLR bodies I want this to work on a
- Canon 7D
- Canon 7Dmk2

Product recommendations & pros/cons?

Plus, what else may I be forgetting?

For example, to what degree should I worry about other
photographers working nearby? To what degree do I need
to worry about my dSLR potentially being susceptible to
other peoples' use of a same-brand wireless shutter clicker?
Can I disable this in the menu options somewhere, or do
I need to tape over an IR port?

-hh

Old June 22nd 17, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...camera_trigger
[...]

If Canons "Camera Connect" for tablets and smart phones won't do then
you could look into some tethering solutions with a laptop. Canons DPP?
A smart remote?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371594465134

Haven't tried it...
--