Batch IPTC captioning & photo archiving....

Old April 29th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Batch IPTC captioning & photo archiving....

Can anyone here recommend a program which can
batch caption in IPTC format?. Currently I am using Photoshop CS2 and
have to load my metadata template onto every picture individually after
I open it in Photoshop - using File-File Info-Load etc etc. Because
my business is celebrity photography this is very annoying as you often
have multiple pictures of the same person at the same location and it
would be so easy to apply the same caption to all the pictures.
Secondly I am looking for a program which will
allow me to archive my photo collection - any recommendations would be
appreciated.
I am using Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.

Many thanks for your time,

Old April 29th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 29 Apr 2006 06:40:37 -0700, "Sniper"
wrote:

Can anyone here recommend a program which can
batch caption in IPTC format?. Currently I am using Photoshop CS2 and
have to load my metadata template onto every picture individually after
I open it in Photoshop - using File-File Info-Load etc etc.

Since it comes free with CS2 I'd use Bridge. Select the
images, then Tools-Append metadata and pick a template.
Simple.

--
John Bean
Old April 29th 06, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Thanks for the tip John. I do indeed have Adobe Bridge
but I cant work out for the life of me how you import templates?. I
have an XMP template I have saved from photoshop but where do I put it
so it appears in the menu in Bridge?.

Thanks for your time,

Old April 29th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On 29 Apr 2006 13:31:37 -0700, "Sniper"
wrote:

Thanks for the tip John. I do indeed have Adobe Bridge
but I cant work out for the life of me how you import templates?. I
have an XMP template I have saved from photoshop but where do I put it
so it appears in the menu in Bridge?.

Ah, forgot that. Open the "info" panel in either CS2 or
Bridge, click the arrow in the top right and select "Show
templates" from the flyout menu. Save your templates in the
"Metadata templates" folder and they'll show in the main
Bridge menu.

If you've save them anywhere else you can still load them
using the "Load" option of the flyout menu then save them to
the proper place.

--
John Bean