Sinar F, F1 or F2

Old December 20th 05, 09:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Default Sinar F, F1 or F2

Hello All,

I'm searching informations about the Sinar F1 and F2.

I'm new in LG and want to decide between the F1 or
F2.

If anybody found a PDF of the F and F1 or any web
page, it will be much appreciated !

I searched the web, but...

Regards,
Daniel.

--
Daniel Rocha - Photographie
http:/:www.monochromatique.com

Old December 20th 05, 03:24 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Daniel Rocha" wrote

I'm new in LG and want to decide between the F1 or
F2.

The F1 [F2?] has a better rail clamp for the front standard.
With Gorilla style handling the front clamp on the F would
fail - OTOH front Fx standards don't cost a lot on ebay.

The low style of tripod mounting clamp is preferable to the older
tall style.

There are other changes, I can't remember them [focusing
front standard ??].

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com

Old December 21st 05, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

I tend to agree with the other post as I had an F1 4x5 myself and the F2 had
a front focusing standard as opposed to not on the F1. Honestly the P
series has dropped so much in cost I would consider looking for a P--The
Sinar is excellent to use and I also had an 8x10 rear standard (P-version)
and bearer and the bellows--sold the whole lot for $2400 over a year ago.
The P version rear standard was much more precise than the typical F model.
If you are wondering--I switched to a Deardorff 4x5 and 8x10--much more
managable in the field--not as precise but you'll never see that in the
final image!!
J Burke

Old December 21st 05, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Joseph Burke" wrote

Honestly the P series has dropped so much in cost
I would consider looking for a P

Agreed. But the F's have dropped to ~$350. Sinar
charges $298 for a bellows alone.

Old December 26th 05, 10:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

"Daniel Rocha" wrote

I'm new in LG and want to decide between the F1 or
F2.

The F1 [F2?] has a better rail clamp for the front standard.
With Gorilla style handling the front clamp on the F would
fail - OTOH front Fx standards don't cost a lot on ebay.

F2 has the better front standard. F1 is weaker.

The low style of tripod mounting clamp is preferable to the older
tall style.

There are other changes, I can't remember them [focusing
front standard ??].

Fine focusing on the F2 front, not available on the F1.

Meaning all yoiu need to upgrade from on the F2 is rear
standard...(p standard, etc.)
Old December 28th 05, 02:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

These links may be of some help to you Daniel:

www.sinarbron.com

http://yandr.50megs.com/sinar/f/f.htm

Old January 15th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format

Joseph Burke wrote:
Honestly the P series has dropped so much in cost I would consider
looking for a P--The Sinar is excellent to use and I also had an 8x10
rear standard (P-version) and bearer and the bellows--sold the whole
lot for $2400 over a year ago.

I understad that, but the weight is too much for my shoulders
I want to use a Sinar but I do not wat to be afraid about is weight when
I must take it outdoor !