Interesting Site

Old May 2nd 09, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_]

Default Interesting Site

? "Dave Cohen" ?????? ??? ??????
Take a look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/6nnehk
I don't know how it's done (suggestions welcome), but I thought it was
quite impressive.
Dave Cohen

That's really great, the photographer must be german (Piaristenkirche-Kirche
means church). Loads fine on 1mbps DSL.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering

Old May 3rd 09, 05:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
http://tinyurl.com/6nnehk
I don't know how it's done (suggestions welcome), but I thought it
was quite impressive.
Dave Cohen
Yup! A Flash multi-stitch, mulit-axis 360 horizontal & 180 vertical
panorama.
This is similar to the technique used for the multi-stitch shot at
the Obama inauguration.
http://www.davidbergman.net/blog/200...gural-address/

My
broadband was able to serve it up promptly, without the problems
reported by others.
I can appreciate all of the issues related to Flash, but it works
well in my environment.

Plays/displays just fine in Safari, Mac,. at least as far as
navigation goes. Does not zoom in or out, dunno if it's supposed to.

Here are the error messages that display at the bottom:

NFO: registered to: julian kalmar
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_closefs.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_up.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/fs.png" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_openfs.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_down.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_right.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_minus.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/buttons/btn_left.jpg" failed
ERROR: loading plugin "flashutilities/plugins/options.swf" failed

With all those 'failures', I am surprised I could navigate.
Lovely work!

You might have better luck with the Mac version of Firefox.

Try windows - a far more stable operating system.
I only got a list of 2 errors :-)
http://i43.tinypic.com/dy5f2v.jpg
Old May 3rd 09, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-02 21:23:27 -0700, Me said:

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
[...]

He made a funny!
Savageduck

Old May 3rd 09, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 2009-05-02 21:23:27 -0700, Me said:

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
[...]

User Agent : Unison/1.8.1
Wow - a Mac user who saw the smiley before launching in to "attack is
the best defense" mode.
Old May 3rd 09, 07:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-02 21:23:27 -0700, Me said:

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
[...]

Some of the folks around here aren't playing the OS/Platform or
Canon/Nikon/Olympus/Pentax war game.
....and sometimes humor is detectable.

Now back to the issue at hand. When are you going to get a real computer?
Savageduck

Old May 3rd 09, 08:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 2009-05-02 21:23:27 -0700, Me said:

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
[...]

I don't know - but soon...
I have Vista on one machine, XP on another really old machine (this
one). This is an old AMD Athlon with 3gb Ram and IDE drives running XP.
The other is a dual core pentium with 2gb ram and SATA drives running
Vista.
The (5 year) old machine runs faster doing most stuff than the new ( 1
year old) machine. That's what MS calls "progress". Go figure. Even
worse - it's an OEM install and I can't "downgrade" it to XP, and my XP
is OEM and I can't transfer it to the faster/slower machine.
I *hate* Vista. Almost every day there's been a new annoyance. Not big
issues on their own, and the OS itself seems quite stable, but combined
they add up to make it a complete pain in the arse.
Old May 3rd 09, 08:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_11_]

Me wrote:
[]
I don't know - but soon...
I have Vista on one machine, XP on another really old machine (this
one). This is an old AMD Athlon with 3gb Ram and IDE drives running
XP. The other is a dual core pentium with 2gb ram and SATA drives
running Vista.
The (5 year) old machine runs faster doing most stuff than the new ( 1
year old) machine. That's what MS calls "progress". Go figure. Even
worse - it's an OEM install and I can't "downgrade" it to XP, and my
XP is OEM and I can't transfer it to the faster/slower machine.
I *hate* Vista. Almost every day there's been a new annoyance. Not
big issues on their own, and the OS itself seems quite stable, but
combined they add up to make it a complete pain in the arse.

I have a mixture of Vista and XP here, and I've actually come to quite
like Vista. Perhaps I've been luck, but it's been stable and a pleasure
to work with. That's on a 3GB system, and you do seem to have things the
wrong way round by giving the newer OS less memory.

Perhaps if performance is an issue for you, Windows 7 may be an
improvement. There's a free release candidate which lasts for one year
available for general download on Tuesday.

Cheers,
David

Old May 3rd 09, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

"Me" wrote

...XP on another really old machine (this

one). This is an old AMD Athlon with 3gb Ram and IDE drives running XP.

Oh now you're making me feel depressed. My Athlon 64 only has 512 Mb of RAM.
Seems to work though, but I am definitely *not* going to try Vista on it!

Paul

Old May 3rd 09, 10:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-05-02 21:23:27 -0700, Me said:

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
[...]

Well I have a collection of Macs (and buried somewhere is an Apple IIe
& a vintage 8088 steam driven device!)
My latest is a PowerBook Pro 2.93Ghz + 8 Gb. I am very happy with that.
I am planing to get a seperate monitor to use with the PB at my desk.

I used to have to use a Windows machine at work ( I have retired so
that problem is fixed) and have always been happy with my Mac-centric
home.
I have thought of getting emulation SW such as VMware or Parallels to
run Windows, or try a Bootcamp Windows partition, but I cannot think
why I would want to do that to my self.

Savageduck

Old May 3rd 09, 10:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2009-05-02 21:23:27 -0700, Me said:

On 2009-05-01 19:11:05 -0700, Dave Cohen said:

Take a look at this:
[...]

I have a similar setup, except that Vista is on a laptop and Xtra is
on a loaded-for-bear Acer.

The laptop is ideal fo downloading my camera on a trip but then its a
nightmare to get things ot of the laptop to the Acer by means of the
home network. "You don't have permission to do that" the laptop
screams. Sometimes I think the problem is in the Vista of the laptop.
Othertimes I think it is in the XP of the Acer. On a couple of
occasions I have found that Panda anti-virus has objected to the RAW
files of my Nikon D300 as containing a horrible worm. Its almost
enough to drive me back to good old quarter-plate days.

Eric Stevens