White House using stitched photos?

Old April 30th 09, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Hans Kruse

Default White House using stitched photos?

"Annika1980" wrote in message
This pic from the official White House photographer is obviously
stitched.
And poorly done at that. Is this change we can believe in?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/3484868454

Where is the stitching done? Maybe it is so obvious that I don't see it.

--
Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
Hans Kruse www.hanskrusephotography.com, www.hanskruse.com

Old April 30th 09, 06:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Hans Kruse wrote:
"Annika1980" wrote in message
This pic from the official White House photographer is obviously
stitched.
And poorly done at that. Is this change we can believe in?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/3484868454

Where is the stitching done? Maybe it is so obvious that I don't see it.

Stitching was done on the op's head. They didn't do a very good job and
every now and then a little bit of garbage oozes out and contaminates
the ng.
Dave Cohen
Old April 30th 09, 09:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Hans Kruse

"Dave Cohen" wrote in message

Stitching was done on the op's head. They didn't do a very good job and
every now and then a little bit of garbage oozes out and contaminates the
ng.

Ah, what stitching software is used?

Old May 1st 09, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:12 pm, "Hans Kruse" wrote:

Where is the stitching done? Maybe it is so obvious that I don't see it.

First look at the Large size photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/l/

Notice the line down the tree in the background where the tree changes
colors. This line continues down into the grass.

Now look at the photo at it's original size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/o/

You can clearly see where the photos have been joined.

My guess is that either Obama and Biden weren't there at the same
moment or somebody else was there that was taken out. And who's
shadow is that to the right?
And what is Obama putting to?

I get the impression that they weren't on the green at the same time,
but the shadows indicate that they were there at nearly the same time.
It may be that someone, or something, was masked out as the stitching
seems to end at the edge of the greens grass. Could be more of an edit
than a stitch.
Old May 1st 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-04-30 17:14:51 -0700, Annika1980 said:

On Apr 30, 12:12*pm, "Hans Kruse" wrote:

Where is the stitching done? Maybe it is so obvious that I don't see it.

First look at the Large size photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/l/

OK!

Notice the line down the tree in the background where the tree changes
colors. This line continues down into the grass.

Now you are seeing thingss. There are two different trees. The nly
straight line is a building in the background , and the line does not
continue into the grass as much as you would have us accept.

Now look at the photo at it's original size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/o/

OK1

You can clearly see where the photos have been joined.

Not even here. It just confirms what I noted before. If you suggest you
see something and make enough people believe you then it becomes that
mythical "Madonna image od burnt toast."

My guess is that either Obama and Biden weren't there at the same
moment or somebody else was there that was taken out. And who's
shadow is that to the right?

Aaah! to the right of the third ball. Over on the grassy knoll. My
guess is the mysterious third putter or more likely another tree.
A fine example of bad cropping
And what is Obama putting to?

A dumb photo-op.

There was as much thought put into this as the NYC fly-by photo shoot.
It was probably planned by the same PR idiot who should be looking for
a job right now. Just a stupid posed scene. It is stupid on so many
levels, probably not in anyway conspiratorial, but undeniably stupid.

Savageduck

Old May 1st 09, 06:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

"Bob Larter" wrote

Look at it closely, it's obviously the shadow of a branch.

Can't see a tree there on any aerial views of the White house I've found so
far. More likely it is the shadow of a Secret Service guy *disguised* as a
tree!

Actually, I haven't yet found a view that includes a putting green - they
all just show one neatly-mown lawn, although the WH has had a putting green
since the Johnson days. Maybe they didn't maintain it as one until Obama
took over? Unlikely they ever let Bush loose with a dangerous weapon like a
golf club...

Paul

Old May 1st 09, 06:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

On 2009-04-30 22:11:16 -0700, "Paul Bartram" paul.bartram AT OR NEAR
lizzy.com.au said:

"Bob Larter" wrote

Look at it closely, it's obviously the shadow of a branch.

Can't see a tree there on any aerial views of the White house I've found so
far. More likely it is the shadow of a Secret Service guy *disguised* as a
tree!

I have to agree.
That is a South Lawn view, confirmed by the South facing of the WH and
the awning extending out of the building. There is no tree anywhere
near that area on the lawn. So the shadow is certainly a third party.

Actually, I haven't yet found a view that includes a putting green - they
all just show one neatly-mown lawn, although the WH has had a putting green
since the Johnson days. Maybe they didn't maintain it as one until Obama
took over? Unlikely they ever let Bush loose with a dangerous weapon like a
golf club...

Google Earth shows it as 2009 imagery, but who knows?
The line of the building visible between the trees, appears to be part
of the East Wing.

Paul

Savageduck

Old May 1st 09, 08:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

"Twibil" wrote

Google Earth shows one clearly, and located right where the picture

was taken too. However, it also shows a tree bordering/overhanging the
golf green that is apparently no longer there.

Ah, now I see it. (I didn't use GE at first, it takes forever to load on
dialup!) The green is further away from the building than I thought, the
picture we're talking about makes it look a lot closer.

Paul

Old May 1st 09, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
K W Hart

"Annika1980" wrote in message
On Apr 30, 12:12 pm, "Hans Kruse" wrote:

Where is the stitching done? Maybe it is so obvious that I don't see it.

First look at the Large size photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/l/

Notice the line down the tree in the background where the tree changes
colors. This line continues down into the grass.

Now look at the photo at it's original size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/o/

You can clearly see where the photos have been joined.

My guess is that either Obama and Biden weren't there at the same
moment or somebody else was there that was taken out. And who's
shadow is that to the right?
And what is Obama putting to?

There is a painting of the signing of the Declaration of Indenpendence which
also appears on the back of the $2 bill. There are about a half dozen people
in that painting who weren't at the signing. Additionally, there are about a
half dozen people who were at the signing who aren't in the painting.
My point? Who cares! It's the spirit or intent of the picture that counts.

Old May 1st 09, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:
On Apr 30, 12:12 pm, "Hans Kruse" wrote:

Where is the stitching done? Maybe it is so obvious that I don't see it.

First look at the Large size photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/l/

Notice the line down the tree in the background where the tree changes
colors.

Seems to be the contrast of the corner of a building in the BG.

This line continues down into the grass.

Coincidence in where a flaw in the grass occurs.

Now look at the photo at it's original size.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whiteho...68454/sizes/o/

You can clearly see where the photos have been joined.

Really? I see the contrast of the corner of a building in the far BG
and a bit of hedge and grass than needs some TLC.

My guess is that either Obama and Biden weren't there at the same
moment or somebody else was there that was taken out. And who's
shadow is that to the right?

That! That! That? It's the following: "a shadow to the right." A
tree or photographer or Republican who's not allowed to be in the photo.

And what is Obama putting to?

Multiple holes on a putting practice green is not unusual.

I'm sure the White House has better things to risk a "photo manipulation
scandal" on.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.