Photoshop for iPad Release

Old November 10th 19, 10:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Photoshop for iPad Release

In article ,
says...
And, since I care about privacy, I don't even have a Google Account on my
phone, where I have full and complete anonymous access to the Google Play
Store simply by using the "Aurora Store" freeware GUI to Google Play (which
anonymously accesses the exact Google Play store, but better because it
shows all the apps that do NOT use the Google services framework.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/

Well, I have a paid for app (Pleco Dict) where the
licence is verified with Google Play. Not sure how the
paid for version of Pleco would work without a Google
account, because the licence key is tied to the Google
account.

Another thing, with my previous Android phone if you
didn't allow copying you calendar to the cloud, there
were problems editing an individual meeting of a meeting
series. Changes to one occurrence of a meeting of a
series were impossible - you could only edit the entire
series.
If you wanted the ability to edit just one meeting of a
series without changing the other meetings, you had to
allow copying to the cloud.
Not wanting to copy my meetings to the cloud, with the
previous phone (which I kept for almost 3 years) I had
to use workarounds in case the time of one meeting of a
series would change. A real PITA.
With the new phone I've given up and allowed copying
meetings to the cloud, because over time I got sick and
tired of these workarounds.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site
Old November 11th 19, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,comp.mobile.ipad
Arlen _G_ Holder

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 23:37:40 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

Well, I have a paid for app (Pleco Dict) where the
licence is verified with Google Play.

Never heard of "pleco dict", which seems to be this upon searching:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pleco.chinesesystem

If paying for apps is your shtick, that's fine, but the minute you use a
credit card (unless you jump through hoops, which you can do), your privacy
is toast (IMHO).

On my Android phone, there are never credit cards nor any way to pay for
apps, where all the apps you really need, are almost always free (where the
immense price of freeware is finding the best ones - which is why I have so
many apps - because I test them & report back to the Android newsgroup
which are the best for anything anyone ever wanted to do that I also wanted
to do).

Unfortunately for you, doing a English/Chinese (or vice versa) translation
is not what I'd do, where if I was on anything but iOS, I'd just bring up
the official Tor browser pointed to translate.google.com (on iOS, that kind
of privacy just doesn't exist - but it exists for all the other platforms).

Not sure how the
paid for version of Pleco would work without a Google
account, because the licence key is tied to the Google
account.

I don't see any benefit of a Google account, and neither does anyone I've
asked, where, I'm never afraid of facts, so I'll dig up the reference
thread.
o How does the default "Google Account" on an Android phone benefit you?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/L16oLRH-jVc/MlTr9PzdAwAJ

I've removed the Google account on all my Android devices, and I still have
full and complete functionality, which, I remind you, this kind of privacy
of removing the AppleID & AdvertiserID just can't be obtained on iOS.

Apple _advertises_ privacy; but only the ignorant believe it.
o And yet, there are more ignorati that we can ever even begin to count.

Another thing, with my previous Android phone if you
didn't allow copying you calendar to the cloud, there
were problems editing an individual meeting of a meeting
series. Changes to one occurrence of a meeting of a
series were impossible - you could only edit the entire
series.

We covered, in gory detail, how to _easily_ copy your calendar to and from
any of the five common consumer platforms, including iOS. It's so easy to
do that it's one of the reasons I feel justified in assuming that anyone
who uses the cloud for something _that_ simple, is not technical in the
least (but you can have your reasons).
o Do you have a working freeware automatic sync between Android & Windows?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/7aOWwoEwsZ0/3f5qTpwBAgAJ

Since you seem sincere, and not like the always ignorant apologists who are
unwilling to learn anything (because all they want to believe is what
marketing fed them to believe), I'll dig up the reference thread on that.

Here's just one of many I wrote as questions & then as tutorials:
o Can we come up with a free, ad free, cloud-free calendaring system that works with Windows and Linux and mobile devices?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.os.linux/ydQ9sG-8Y08/pBRXk7UEEgAJ

Here's another:
o What are some key common databases you often SHARE between your desktop & mobile devices?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/fbtSgT0AiP0/Bwb_tsmeBwAJ

And another... (of many)...
o Has anyone here ever set up a CalDAV server on Windows for use with Android CalDAV clients?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.android/52iSsFUQinE/AflgVrHVEAAJ

It's so easy in the end, you'll be amazed; but you need to know the tricks.

If you wanted the ability to edit just one meeting of a
series without changing the other meetings, you had to
allow copying to the cloud.
Not wanting to copy my meetings to the cloud, with the
previous phone (which I kept for almost 3 years) I had
to use workarounds in case the time of one meeting of a
series would change. A real PITA.
With the new phone I've given up and allowed copying
meetings to the cloud, because over time I got sick and
tired of these workarounds.

I try to store absolutely nothing on the cloud.
o I think Marketing makes the cloud easy - but not for your needs.

You seem different from apologists and Usenet trolls where you seem to be
able to actually learn from other people on Usenet, which is good, if true.

Let me dig up the canonical thread on that subject for you:
o Why do the big marketing organizations offer free cloud storage anyway?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.os.linux/cgAvuyPvjSc/hh-zb1Q0BAAJ

In the end, all you should do is rationalize like an adult.
o First, you comprehend the facts, and then,
o You assess those facts using logic & reason.

The only fact I want you to comprehend is that you can keep your passwords,
calendars, pictures, etc. off the cloud - but you have to think about how
to go about doing that (using common standards that all platforms support).

Good luck, as we're straying a bit too far off topic for a Photoshop
thread.

--
Usenet is where strangers share useful bits of information with each other.
Old November 11th 19, 01:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Sunday, 10 November 2019 05:16:32 UTC, Arlen _G_ Holder wrote:

and the point is ?

to troll.
Old November 11th 19, 07:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 11, 2019, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 11/11/2019 18:50, Alfred Molon wrote:
In ,
says...
Never heard of "pleco dict", which seems to be this upon searching:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pleco.chinesesystem

If paying for apps is your shtick, that's fine, but the minute you use a
credit card (unless you jump through hoops, which you can do), your privacy
is toast (IMHO).

The problem is that (at least that was the case a few
years ago) there is nothing free comparable to Pleco
Dict and the free version doesn't have the features I
need. So yes, I need a Google account.

Would Serif Affinity Photo fit your needs?

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

It should for most folks since there are versions available for macOS,
Windows, and iOS on iPad all for a price, all depending on the platform you
are using.

Affinity Photo is certainly currently much better than the just released
Photoshop for iPad. However, it is almost, but not quite all that PS CC on
desktop, or laptops is. That said there are several other very good apps for
Win, or macOS, or iOS/Android which are worth considering if you are prepared
to pay.

Savageduck