New York photographers needed for protest pics Sept 1

Old August 28th 04, 06:39 PM
carl

Default New York photographers needed for protest pics Sept 1

Yo digerati,

On Sept 1 Wednesday morning at 8:13am, as part of the RNC associated
activities, a line of people will form stretching from Wall Street to
Madison Square Garden along Broadway holding pink slips aloft. This 3
mile long line will be up for only 18 minutes. And the sponsers
(People for the American Way, the Imagine Festival) want it
photographed.

So we need digital photographers.

If you have a good digital camera (3mp minimum), if you are incredibly
reliable, and if you are willing to be on the scene at 7:30 a.m., we
have a job for you. (Please, please, don't respond if you're not
ABSOLUTELY willing to commit to giving us 1.5 hours from 7:30 to 9:00
am; a gap in the photograph caused by a slacking photographer would be
a horrible insult to the other photographers who have volunteered
their time for the fun and novelty of this photographic moment).

The pay is $0. Repeat, $0. All photographers will receive full
credit for their work, and they can use it on their own in any way
they want, but the Line organizers will retain full rights to use the
pictures (as long as credit is always given) for any purpose without
recompense. You have to let go of your ego for this project.

But it could be very cool. One massive photo montage created
collectively over 18 minutes.

If you're interested, write to Carl at , tell
me who you are, your photographic background, your equipment, your
contact information (cell phone and email are sufficient) and your
availability on Wednesday Sept 1. This project, although sponsored by
a few liberal groups, is not anti-Republican, and Republicans are
welcome to join as photographers. The Line is street theater at its
best, and the Line Photographs will be a little part of history.

Carl

Old August 28th 04, 06:50 PM
Mxsmanic

carl writes:

On Sept 1 Wednesday morning at 8:13am, as part of the RNC associated
activities, a line of people will form stretching from Wall Street to
Madison Square Garden along Broadway holding pink slips aloft. This 3
mile long line will be up for only 18 minutes. And the sponsers
(People for the American Way, the Imagine Festival) want it
photographed.

You're asking people to get arrested for your cause? Don't you know
it's illegal to take pictures in the USA?

So we need digital photographers.

Why digital specifically?

The pay is $0. Repeat, $0. All photographers will receive full
credit for their work, and they can use it on their own in any way
they want, but the Line organizers will retain full rights to use the
pictures (as long as credit is always given) for any purpose without
recompense. You have to let go of your ego for this project.

You can't claim full rights unconditionally without compensation.
You're aren't providing anything to photographers, so you can only ask
them to license photos to you out of the goodness of their hearts, and
you cannot dictate conditions to them.

Old August 28th 04, 07:36 PM
Clyde Torres

"carl" wrote in message
om...
Yo digerati,

On Sept 1 Wednesday morning at 8:13am, as part of the RNC associated
activities, a line of people will form stretching from Wall Street to
Madison Square Garden along Broadway holding pink slips aloft. This 3
mile long line will be up for only 18 minutes. And the sponsers
(People for the American Way, the Imagine Festival) want it
photographed.

My wife wears a pink slip. What does that have to do with the RNC? I
thought it was the male Demos that wear pink slips.

Clyde Torres
"Say it five times really fast"

Old August 28th 04, 07:48 PM
ColynG©

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:20:52 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:

I don't get your comment. The poster has already stated this is a volunteer
project. Whoever shows up has already AGREED to his conditions, stated quite
clearly as I read them, so how is that using someone?

Simple...

This person is using others to make money for himself. It's just
another scam played on un-knowledgable people to use them for monatary
purposes..kind of like scams played on elderly people..

They play on your side that thinks people are good and won't take
you..

Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng

http://www.colyngoodson.com
Old August 28th 04, 09:20 PM
Clyde Torres

I agree, there are those that will rob you, but in this case what are they
taking you for? It appears the participants will be out maybe an hour and

half of their time, and the time it takes to email a couple of jpgs. Not

mention the fact that they might get a bit of fun out of it in the

process.
So somebody makes a couple of bucks in the process? I don't imagine it

will
be enough to purchase the Trump Tower. Is everything these days about
getting your slice of the pie, squeezing out every nickel for everything
that you ever did? Not trying to start any kind of a war here, I just
wondered why everyone jumped on this guy, rather than emailing him and
finding out the details first. BTW, I live in Canada, and am in no way
associated with this, in any shape or form. I just thought the response

was
interesting.

Who are you trying to kid? Everybody in the world is not only interested
but is trying to influence our presidential election. You are just another
extranjero trying to hide it.

Clyde Torres

Old August 28th 04, 09:36 PM
ColynG©

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:36:41 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:

I agree, there are those that will rob you, but in this case what are they
taking you for? It appears the participants will be out maybe an hour and a
half of their time, and the time it takes to email a couple of jpgs. Not to
mention the fact that they might get a bit of fun out of it in the process.
So somebody makes a couple of bucks in the process? I don't imagine it will
be enough to purchase the Trump Tower. Is everything these days about
getting your slice of the pie, squeezing out every nickel for everything
that you ever did? Not trying to start any kind of a war here, I just
wondered why everyone jumped on this guy, rather than emailing him and
finding out the details first. BTW, I live in Canada, and am in no way
associated with this, in any shape or form. I just thought the response was
interesting.

You're missing the point..which is this is nothing but a scam to make
money off others. and a scam is wrong no matter how you slice it..

This person wouldn't be trying to get a lot of shooters together if he
wasn't going to make money..

If money is going to be made off my work I feel I should get a part of
it no matter how small the amount..

Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng

http://www.colyngoodson.com
Old August 28th 04, 09:40 PM
Gene Palmiter

Any Groups passing through Easton PA on the way? If I can get a ride there
and back I will shoot.

Old August 28th 04, 10:01 PM
AstroPax

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:38:29 -0700, "wendeebee"
wrote:

I have better things to do with my time than argue politics in a newsgroup

Would you feel better if we discussed the photographing of a
politically motivated activity?

-Astro

---
AstroPax Photography