Acufine, again.

Old January 20th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Acufine, again.

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:27:03 +1000, Steve
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:13:34 -0800, Stocky wrote:

Vanbar sell phenidone (Melbourne and Sydney)

Thanks I will call them Monday.

Are you in Australia Stocky?

The IP address his post originated from appears to belong to a server
in Brisbane.
Old January 21st 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

UC wrote:

Here's a typical one: Agfa 14 Fine grain film developer
Water, 125F/52C 750 ml
Metol 4.5 g
Sodium Sulfite (anhydrous) 85 g
Sodium Carbonate (monohydrate*) 1.2 g
Potassium Bromide 0.5 g
Cold water to make 1L Dilution: Use undiluted.
Starting point development time: 15 mins.

I'd call that D23 Minus; minus 3 grams metol and 15 grams
of sulfite. That 1.2 grams of CO3 + 1H2O is there to make us
wonder why in the world they would add that. With or with
out, sensitive insturmentation might see the difference.
The bromide I'm quite sure is superfluous. As for the
undiluted, I'd be out of the one-tray one-shot way
of processing if I took that seriously.
BTW, to my surprise I did find that D23 will make
a good print. It is slow though and additional exposure
is needed. The results look like those from Ansco 120.
FWIW, I've a can of ACU-1 and a few other items ordered.
A West Coast source, www.artcity.com is suppling. If any are
West Coasters and interested in keeping the trucking to
a minimum give them a look. Dan