Noise = Low, resolution = HIGH. D3x will sell

Old December 13th 08, 08:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_3_]

Default Noise = Low, resolution = HIGH. D3x will sell

Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there will be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

Old December 13th 08, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Default Noise = Low, resolution = HIGH. D3x will sell a couple

RichA wrote:
Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there will be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

LOL!

You are an idiot.

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 13th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Toby

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
RichA wrote:
Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there will
be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

LOL!

You are an idiot.

We'll see. I tend to agree with Rich on this one. Noise is only about 1 stop
worse than the 5DII with higher resolution and much better ergonomics, AF,
etc. Nikon is obviously aiming for the high-end here, and I think they will
make their nut with it among pros. We can expect to see a lower-priced
"hundred" version to go head to head with the Canon pretty soon, I
think--maybe 6 to 8 months...

Toby

Old December 14th 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
On Dec 13, 2:24*am, (Ray Fischer) wrote:
RichA wrote:
Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there will be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

LOL!

You are an idiot.

Translated: "I can't afford it!"

That's coming from the same idiot who was crowing that the Canon 50D
was a little noiser than the 40D. Now he's insisting that a big
increase in noise from the Canon 5DII to the D3x doesn't matter.
And a negligible increase in resolution, dispite costing three
times as much.

Why don't you just state that you're an anti-Canon bigot and spare all
of the dishonest pretending otherwise?

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 14th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA[_3_]

RichA wrote:
Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there
will be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

LOL!

You are an idiot.

Translated: "I can't afford it!"

That's coming from the same idiot who was crowing that the Canon 50D
was a little noiser than the 40D. Now he's insisting that a big
increase in noise from the Canon 5DII to the D3x doesn't matter.
And a negligible increase in resolution, dispite costing three
times as much.

Why don't you just state that you're an anti-Canon bigot and spare all
of the dishonest pretending otherwise?

All I said was the Nikon will sell, I said nothing about Canon in the
statement. Do you hear voices as well?

Old December 14th 08, 07:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

"Toby" wrote in
:

We'll see. I tend to agree with Rich on this one. Noise is only about
1 stop worse than the 5DII with higher resolution and much better
ergonomics, AF, etc. Nikon is obviously aiming for the high-end here,
and I think they will make their nut with it among pros. We can expect
to see a lower-priced "hundred" version to go head to head with the
Canon pretty soon, I think--maybe 6 to 8 months...

If the D3x has very low banding at base ISO, it might have more acceptable
DR than the 5D2. I've seen samples from a few 5D2s, and ISO 100 is good if
there are no shadows, but if you're pulling them up, the ratio of visible
banding to 2-dimensional random noise is pretty high.

I can not figure Canon out. It is *SO* easy to avoid banding artifacts,
yet they don't seem to care. They are throwing away their low-noise crown
before its time. Maybe someone in Canon engineering is being paid money to
sabotage the RAW data. Sorry for the conspiracy theories, but I can't
think of any normal explanations, except stupidity.
Old December 14th 08, 07:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Sheehy

RichA wrote in
:

Translated: "I can't afford it!"

That's one of many possible explanations, but history has shown us that a
high price on a product does not necessarily mean that it is superior all-
around. Let's see what the camera actually does.

Old December 14th 08, 07:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 00:01:03 -0500, RichA wrote:

Why don't you just state that you're an anti-Canon bigot and spare all
of the dishonest pretending otherwise?

All I said was the Nikon will sell, I said nothing about Canon in the
statement. Do you hear voices as well?

That he misunderstood isn't entirely his fault. He suffers from
high read noise.

Old December 14th 08, 07:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there
will be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

LOL!

You are an idiot.

Translated: "I can't afford it!"

That's coming from the same idiot who was crowing that the Canon 50D
was a little noiser than the 40D. Now he's insisting that a big
increase in noise from the Canon 5DII to the D3x doesn't matter.
And a negligible increase in resolution, dispite costing three
times as much.

Why don't you just state that you're an anti-Canon bigot and spare all
of the dishonest pretending otherwise?

All I said was the Nikon will sell, I said nothing about Canon in the
statement.

Gee, was that the first article you ever posted?

You _are_ an idiot.

--
Ray Fischer

Old December 14th 08, 07:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

RichA wrote:
Completely acceptable noise up to 3200 ISO, great resolution, there will be
a good demand for this camera, despite the $8k tag.

LOL!

You are an idiot.

Translated: "I can't afford it!"

I have a board with a nail stuck in it. $500.

Can you afford it?

--
Ray Fischer