All in one Printer - Lexmark

Old May 28th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_2_]

Default All in one Printer - Lexmark

? ?????? ??? ??????
I am looking at purchasing an all in one printer. A buddy of mine
suggested a Lexmark. Does anyone have experience with the Lexmark all
in one's?

I have the Lexmark F4270 which I was coerced to buy by our local
electrician's union, paid by my annual loyalties, 100 euros. It's quite
good, a moderate scanner, a moderate printer and a moderate fax. If I were
to choose I'd probably buy a separate fax, a separate scanner, and use my
main printer (Canon Pixma iP4300) for everything else. The Lexmark cart
dries out even after 10 days of non usage, I have changed it a numerous
times. The colour cart is dried up for years. The Canon is excellent, 5 ink
tanks, very good quality, a separate paper tray, and auto printing on both
sides, but you have to use the original ink and original canon paper to
print good photos. The only good thing about the Lexmark is I can have the
carts refilled in one of the mumerous ink stations, if I manage to rescue
them before they clog up. I also can refill myself with generic ink the
previous generation of Lexmark z605s of the family, we have 3 pieces of the
stuff.

HTH,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios