Rolleiflex and color film temptations...

Old April 27th 04, 01:33 PM
Stefano Bramato

Default Rolleiflex and color film temptations...

Rollei and color film temptations...
I'm sooo happy when I shoot with b/W films with my Rolleiflex with
Tessar 2,5 and with my Planar 2,8.

But now i'm slightly interested in some few color shoots:
usually i use NPH and NPC with my Nikon.

What do you think about it?
Can I get the same satisfaction with color films and my Planar?
(I know that Tessar is not hte best with colour rolls...)

Suggestions are strongly requested!!
Thanks a lot,
Stefano
--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old April 27th 04, 01:49 PM
David J. Littleboy

"Stefano Bramato" wrote:

Rollei and color film temptations...
I'm sooo happy when I shoot with b/W films with my Rolleiflex with
Tessar 2,5 and with my Planar 2,8.

But now i'm slightly interested in some few color shoots:
usually i use NPH and NPC with my Nikon.

What do you think about it?
Can I get the same satisfaction with color films and my Planar?
(I know that Tessar is not hte best with colour rolls...)

I strongly disagree: the Tessar's fine with Provia 100F. No problem
whatsoever.

Suggestions are strongly requested!!

I wouldn't shoot anything faster than ISO 100 in medium format. 35mm's a
disaster whatever you do, so fast films aren't all that much worse. But with
medium format, it's actually possible to make quality prints, so using good
film is important.

My favorites are Provia 100F, Velvia 100F, and Reala.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old April 27th 04, 01:52 PM
Stefano Bramato

I strongly disagree: the Tessar's fine with Provia 100F. No problem
whatsoever.

REally?
wow!

I wouldn't shoot anything faster than ISO 100 in medium format. 35mm's a
disaster whatever you do, so fast films aren't all that much worse. But with
medium format, it's actually possible to make quality prints, so using good
film is important.

I like tha Fuji texture based on NP films. So you think is better to
shoot in MF with the lowest ASA. NP 160 is fine I suppose!

My favorites are Provia 100F, Velvia 100F, and Reala.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Thanks a lot, David!!

Awaiting for more suggestions!!
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old April 27th 04, 01:55 PM
Nick Zentena

Stefano Bramato wrote:
Rollei and color film temptations...
I'm sooo happy when I shoot with b/W films with my Rolleiflex with
Tessar 2,5 and with my Planar 2,8.

But now i'm slightly interested in some few color shoots:
usually i use NPH and NPC with my Nikon.

What do you think about it?
Can I get the same satisfaction with color films and my Planar?
(I know that Tessar is not hte best with colour rolls...)

Only way you can know is to stick a roll of film in the camera. What's the
worst? You waste a roll of film? OTOH we can guess what you like or don't
like but you'll get a better idea if you just shoot some film.

Nick
Old April 27th 04, 04:07 PM
Lassi Hippeläinen

"David J. Littleboy" wrote:
I wouldn't shoot anything faster than ISO 100 in medium format.

I typically shoot 400, because the pic goes next to a scanner, which
can't capture the finer details anyway...

-- Lassi
Old April 27th 04, 04:56 PM
David J. Littleboy

"Lassi Hippeläinen" wrote in message
"David J. Littleboy" wrote:
I wouldn't shoot anything faster than ISO 100 in medium format.

I typically shoot 400, because the pic goes next to a scanner, which
can't capture the finer details anyway...

So get a better scanner...

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old April 27th 04, 06:57 PM
RSD99

"Stefano Bramato" posted:
"...
Can I get the same satisfaction with color films and my Planar?
(I know that Tessar is not hte best with colour rolls...)
...."

Unless your Rollie was made "before WWII" ... actually WAY BEFORE WWII ... *either* camera
should be significantly better than "fine" with any color film stock you should choose.

BTW and FWIW:
Way back in the day (1950's) ... many of the professional photographers preferred the
f/3.5 Zeiss Tessar as being the better lens.

Old April 27th 04, 08:43 PM
Stefano Bramato

[cut]

BTW and FWIW:
Way back in the day (1950's) ... many of the professional photographers preferred the
f/3.5 Zeiss Tessar as being the better lens.

Really?
I really did't imagine that!!

Wow.
So you think that my very fine Rolleiflex T of '56 and my excellent
Rolleiflex D with Planar 2,8 are so ok?
Wow again.

I've to shoot more color film and experiment with!!

Thanks a lot!!
--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old April 27th 04, 08:46 PM
Stefano Bramato

Only way you can know is to stick a roll of film in the camera. What's the
worst? You waste a roll of film? OTOH we can guess what you like or don't
like but you'll get a better idea if you just shoot some film.

Nick

You're so right Nick!!
You wise man. Sometimes I suffer from excessive precaution instead of
experimenting isn't it?

Thanks, i will do with my NP(H or C) as soon as possible.

Thanks again!!
But you prefer.. what kinda brand of film for color pics with my
Rollei?

Ciao,
Stefano

--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old April 27th 04, 09:17 PM
Nick Zentena

Stefano Bramato wrote:

But you prefer.. what kinda brand of film for color pics with my
Rollei?

Send me the camera and I can answer that question-))) Go out take some
pictures. You're asking about film but I don't think you told anybody what
you intend to photograph? People? Landscapes? Lush green landscape or
summery browns?

Nick