Which Is the Better Camera F6, OR D2X?

Old November 24th 04, 12:52 PM
TIM

Default Which Is the Better Camera F6, OR D2X?

I'm A Advamced Amature and was wandering Which Of these two Nikon
SLR's are better for taking Photographs Og My Model Railroad?
Old November 24th 04, 01:30 PM
ink

"TIM" wrote
I'm A Advamced Amature and was wandering Which Of these two Nikon
SLR's are better for taking Photographs Og My Model Railroad?

The F6 is a film camera, the D2X is a digital camera. Your call.

Cheers
ink

Old November 27th 04, 02:16 AM
GTO

I assume that you are refereeing to

http://www.nikonians.org/html/resour...85mm_pc_1.html

This lens is expensive and rather heavy. I do not think it is a good idea to
stick a heavy pro lens on a D70. Remember, the D70 has a plastic mould that
holds the Nikon mount in place.

There have been reports at Nikonians.org of users that were able to damage
the D70 due to the increased torque caused by moving the camera with heavy
lenses.

If someone has the pocketbook to buy the lens mentioned above, he should
seriously consider purchasing an F5 (for 35mm film) or a D2H (for digital).
Regarding indoor photography, the larger pixels of the D2H should make it a
more suitable camera than the overly expensive D2X. Last but not least, the
F6 isn't recommended either (too expensive). But the F5 with this nice
discount is preferred.

Gregor

"Andrew Koenig" wrote in message
"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote in message

I would suggest that you get the Nikon D70 and spend your money on
good glass for macro photography - for example the Nikon AF
Micro-Nikkor f/2.8D.

For model railroads, or other small, inflexible items, I would seriously
consider the Nikkor 85mm f/1.8 shift lens for depth-of-field control.
That lens is expensive, but less than the difference between a D70 and D2X

(And if you were just trolling - well then you caught one.)

The advice is sound regardless of the soundness of the question.