Clear lens changing bag source

Old March 19th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Smith[_3_]

Default Clear lens changing bag source

We all use those clear plastic bags for changing the lens on our Dslrs in
order to avoid dust on the sensors when in hostile environments, but anyone
know of a good brand for something that is just the right size???

Thanks, DP

Old March 19th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Bean

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:47:40 -0400, "John Smith"
wrote:

We all use those clear plastic bags for changing the lens on our Dslrs in
order to avoid dust on the sensors when in hostile environments

Which "we all" are would that be? I've never done such a
thing, neither do I know anybody else who does. So my "we
all" think your "we all" are getting paranoid about dirty
sensors ;-)

--
John Bean
Old March 19th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Lucke

In article , John Smith
wrote:

We all use those clear plastic bags for changing the lens on our Dslrs in
order to avoid dust on the sensors when in hostile environments,

We do?

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard
Old March 19th 07, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

John Smith wrote:
We all use those clear plastic bags for changing the lens on our Dslrs in
order to avoid dust on the sensors when in hostile environments, but anyone
know of a good brand for something that is just the right size???

Not only have I never done that, I've never *heard* of that. What "we"
is it that "all" does this? (DSLR since 2003)

Old March 19th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
t...
John Smith wrote:
We all use those clear plastic bags for changing the lens on our Dslrs in
order to avoid dust on the sensors when in hostile environments, but
anyone
know of a good brand for something that is just the right size???

Not only have I never done that, I've never *heard* of that. What "we" is
it that "all" does this? (DSLR since 2003)

Actually, I've used my old black changing bag to change lenses once with my
DSLR, when I was in the desert on a fairly windy day. Otherwise, I've never
heard of what Mr. Smith contends we all do.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old March 19th 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
just bob

wrote:

We all use those clear plastic bags for changing the lens on our Dslrs in
order to avoid dust on the sensors when in hostile environments

Which "we all" are would that be? I've never done such a
thing, neither do I know anybody else who does. So my "we
all" think your "we all" are getting paranoid about dirty
sensors ;-)

Agreed. Wouldn't the bag fill up with the dust which is on the outside of
the lens? Then again, I've never had to change my lens in a sand storm. On a
typical windy day at the beach I just turn my back to the wind.

Old March 19th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Smith[_3_]

"John Bean" wrote in message

Which "we all" are would that be? I've never done such a
thing, neither do I know anybody else who does. So my "we
all" think your "we all" are getting paranoid about dirty
sensors ;-)

John Bean

Sooo, because *you* don't know of anyone else who does it means that *no*
one else does it (insert smiley)???

DP

Old March 19th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Bean

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:32:09 -0400, "John Smith"
wrote:

"John Bean" wrote in message
.. .

Which "we all" are would that be? I've never done such a
thing, neither do I know anybody else who does. So my "we
all" think your "we all" are getting paranoid about dirty
sensors ;-)

John Bean

Sooo, because *you* don't know of anyone else who does it means that *no*
one else does it (insert smiley)???

You were the one that said "we all". So far nobody has even
heard of what you say "we all" do.

But "we all" did not say that nobody does it, just that "we
all" don't.

Ok (insert whatever) ?

--
John Bean
Old March 20th 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

John Smith wrote:
"John Bean" wrote in message

Which "we all" are would that be? I've never done such a
thing, neither do I know anybody else who does. So my "we
all" think your "we all" are getting paranoid about dirty
sensors ;-)

John Bean

Sooo, because *you* don't know of anyone else who does it means that *no*
one else does it (insert smiley)???

I've never done it, nor know of anyone who does, nor heard of
it either. And I have photographed in dusty environments,
and I rarely have dust issues. For example, I've only
had to clean one sensor on two DSLRs this year, and that
was while on safari in Africa where it was fairly dusty
(and I changed lenses/teleconverters often).
And I quickly blew off the dust spot--took about a minute.

Roger
Photos at: http://www.clarkvision.com
Old March 20th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Smith[_3_]

"Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark)" wrote in
message ...
John Smith wrote:
"John Bean" wrote in message

Which "we all" are would that be? I've never done such a
thing, neither do I know anybody else who does. So my "we
all" think your "we all" are getting paranoid about dirty
sensors ;-)

John Bean

Sooo, because *you* don't know of anyone else who does it means that
*no* one else does it (insert smiley)???

I've never done it, nor know of anyone who does, nor heard of
it either. And I have photographed in dusty environments,
and I rarely have dust issues. For example, I've only
had to clean one sensor on two DSLRs this year, and that
was while on safari in Africa where it was fairly dusty
(and I changed lenses/teleconverters often).
And I quickly blew off the dust spot--took about a minute.

Roger
Photos at: http://www.clarkvision.com

Good for you.
Just curious though, exactly how did you 'blow off" that dust spot?
DP