For those who think Apple OS security is a non-issue....

Old January 4th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor

Default For those who think Apple OS security is a non-issue....

Two security researchers are spending the next month publicising bugs in
Apple's OS X operating system and programs that run on it.....

David

Old January 4th 07, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bmoag

The Apple Mactelinux OS has many holes that have been publicly documented.
IThe size of the Apple market, in particular its total non-existence with
regard to large servers and corporations, makes it an invisible target.

Old January 4th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Ellwood

On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:44:17 +0000, bmoag wrote:

The Apple Mactelinux OS has many holes that have been publicly documented.
IThe size of the Apple market, in particular its total non-existence with
regard to large servers and corporations, makes it an invisible target.

Is there any english in there?

--
Neil
Reverse 'ra' and delete 'l'.
Old January 4th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Phil Wheeler

Neil Ellwood wrote:
On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 15:44:17 +0000, bmoag wrote:

The Apple Mactelinux OS has many holes that have been publicly documented.
IThe size of the Apple market, in particular its total non-existence with
regard to large servers and corporations, makes it an invisible target.

Is there any english in there?

Why would you expect any? ;-)

Read this and adjust your expectations:

http://www.guidenet.net/resources/******.html

Phil
Old January 5th 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Stewy

In article ,
"David J Taylor"
wrote:

Two security researchers are spending the next month publicising bugs in
Apple's OS X operating system and programs that run on it.....

David

Clicking on all the links, it seems like a non-issue. The Apple OS is
still far more robust than anything Microsoft has.
Old January 5th 07, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall Ainsworth

In article ,
Stewy wrote:

Clicking on all the links, it seems like a non-issue. The Apple OS is
still far more robust than anything Microsoft has.

These are just a couple of twits with no real knowledge. So far, they
haven't come up with anything in the OS, just QuickTime and a program
that's not even made by Apple.
Old January 5th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Stewy wrote:
In article ,
"David J Taylor"
wrote:

Two security researchers are spending the next month publicising bugs in
Apple's OS X operating system and programs that run on it.....

David

Clicking on all the links, it seems like a non-issue. The Apple OS is
still far more robust than anything Microsoft has.

Yes, but the vast majority of Apple Mac users believe the 'party line'
that they are safe. Even a minimal exploit would wreck great havoc
among a userbase that runs with no protection, and no suspicion.
Old January 5th 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 13:00:31 -0500, Rita Ä Berkowitz wrote:

M-M wrote:

yawn. Let me know when I should get scared. I'll wait until ONE Mac
user gets a virus.

Hasn't happened yet.

Hell, I've been using Microsoft since the DOS days and I'm still waiting for
my very first virus or security breach. I feel left out and rejected like a
Somolian stepchild with ebola.

Rita

You're a better man than me. When we had a win98 box on an old 'dial up'
DSL line it was a matter of months before it became virtually unusable. On
the other hand, we've now had four linux machines online 24/7/365 via
broadband connection for four years without a single infestation - and I
don't even think about it.

Old January 5th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 1/5/07 12:00 PM, in article , "Rita Ä
Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote:

M-M wrote:

yawn. Let me know when I should get scared. I'll wait until ONE Mac
user gets a virus.

Hasn't happened yet.

I feel left out and rejected like a
Somolian stepchild with ebola.