The X-T2 Has Arrived

Old July 8th 16, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default The X-T2 Has Arrived

On 2016-07-08 18:49:20 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

In article 2016070719464829267-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

But

no IBIS. Even Pentax and Panasonic are finally integrating in-body
image stabilidation into their cameras, but Fuji is not there yet.

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

All-in-all this development from Fuji in the X-T2 is quite impressive.
They have paid attention and applied improvements to AF and the twist
on the articulating LCD. That said, it is still a matter of having
another particularly good camera to choose, but if in-body IS is
important for you then you have those cameras which offer it to choose
from.

I was seriously considering a D500 to fill my DSLR needs where the X-E2
might be inadequate. Now I have another viable option.

Savageduck

Old July 8th 16, 08:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/8/2016 3:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-07-08 18:49:20 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

[...]

Follow your heart.

--
PeterN
Old July 8th 16, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Savageduck wrote:

no IBIS. Even Pentax and Panasonic are finally integrating in-body
image stabilidation into their cameras, but Fuji is not there yet.

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

nothing. two different systems with different tradeoffs.

in-lens is more effective but requires the lens to have it.
in-body works with any lens but it's not as good.

and it's not as if there's a huge demand for a stabilized ultra-wide or
fisheye lens.
Old July 9th 16, 12:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-08 22:55:42 +0000, RichA said:

On Thursday, 7 July 2016 22:46:57 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

saw a review of lenses in the 10-20mm range and the Fuji trounced all
but the Zeiss in the group which it was very close or as good as.
Sony, etc., WAY behind in quality. Fuji has a lot going for it.

I currently have the following for my X-E2:
XF-14mm f/2.8
XF-35mm f/1.4
XF-18-55mm f/2.8-f/4.0
and the XF-55-200mm f/3.5-f/4.8
All do a job as good as any of my Nikkor glass on my D300S.

Shot with the XF-55-200mm
https://db.tt/qT4UIvkE

....and shot with the XF-14mm f/2.8
https://db.tt/AbR0qY1Q

Savageduck

Old July 9th 16, 06:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Friday, 8 July 2016 19:41:46 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-07-08 22:55:42 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

The 14mm was in the test and was terrific. I've been hoping Olympus
would come out with something like the 56mm f/1.2, but if they did, it
would be a lot more than $1100.

http://www.photozone.de/fuji_x/907-fuji56f12apd?start=2

Of course that is not the simple 56mm f/1.2, but the very different
56mm f/1.2 APD which includes an apodization filter and a three step ND
filter to permit shooting wide open. That alone makes it a great
portrait lens.

There is quite a difference in price point between the the two
different 56mm lenses. $US 999 for the XF 56mm f/1.2 R, and $US 1,499
for the XF 56mm f/1.2 R APD.

Savageduck

Old July 9th 16, 08:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article 2016070812380478209-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

Not all lenses have OIS.
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 9th 16, 12:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-09 07:34:24 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

In article 2016070812380478209-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

Not all lenses have OIS.

Not all lenses need OIS.

Savageduck

Old July 9th 16, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article 2016070904241228635-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

On 2016-07-09 07:34:24 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

In article 2016070812380478209-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

Not all lenses have OIS.

Not all lenses need OIS.

Sometimes you do need stabilisation, depending on the exposure time and
focal length.

Besides, what are you trying to argue? IBIS is a key feature which is
missing in all Fuji bodies. If the X-T2 had IBIS, it would be a much
more valuable camera.
--
Alfred Molon

Old July 9th 16, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

Not all lenses have OIS.

Not all lenses need OIS.

Sometimes you do need stabilisation, depending on the exposure time and
focal length.

not for wide angle lenses, you don't.

Besides, what are you trying to argue? IBIS is a key feature which is
missing in all Fuji bodies. If the X-T2 had IBIS, it would be a much
more valuable camera.

and more expensive.
Old July 9th 16, 11:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-09 07:34:24 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

In article 2016070812380478209-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

So what?
Nikon does OK with VR in lenses as does Canon. What is so wrong with
Fujifilm leaving IS/VR to lenses in the manner of Nikon or Canon?

Not all lenses have OIS.

Not all lenses need OIS.

Sometimes you do need stabilisation, depending on the exposure time and
focal length.

Exactly. If you have a long lens and you are shooting hand held you
need IS/VR. IS/VR is not a technical miracle which will obviate the
need for a tripod with slow shutter speeds.

You sure as Hell don't need IS on a 14mm f/2.8 or a 35mm f/1.4. If you
are going to shoot long exposure with a wide or ultra-wide lens, the
camera is going to be tripod mounted anyway. All my long glass for my
Nikon and X-E2 have IS/VR, there it is needed and they have it.

Besides, what are you trying to argue?

I'm not trying to argue anything. You are the one obsessed with IBIS,
and you are the one who brought it up.

IBIS is a key feature which is missing in all Fuji bodies.

Yup! IBIS is missing in all Fuji bodies. It is also missing in all
Nikon and Canon bodies, and I don't believe there are too many Leicas,
or Hasselblads with IBIS. It is only a key feature for you.

If the X-T2 had IBIS, it would be a much more valuable camera.

Nope. Fujifilm has covered the need for IS by providing it in lenses
where it would serve a purpose. So the X-T2 is what it is, and is
obviously not for you.

Savageduck