The X-T2 Has Arrived

Old July 8th 16, 03:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default The X-T2 Has Arrived

First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

Savageduck

Old July 8th 16, 04:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-08 02:46:48 +0000, Savageduck said:

First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

....and

another review, a tad Fuji biased, but an informative review none the less.
http://www.prophotonut.com/2016/07/07/fuji-x-t2-review-damien-lovegrove/

Savageduck

Old July 8th 16, 04:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 19:46:48 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

From what I've read, the main negative compared to a DSLR for the
predecessor is the autofocus, sort of the same thing as the Pentax,
except those *are* DSLR's. Anyway, I'd wait for some full reviews. If
AF has improved to DSLR levels, I'd probably grab it if I were you.
There would be almost zero negatives at that point. There was mention,
though, that some Fuji lenses are slow to AF for mechanical reasons.

The burst rate is certainly at decent DSLR levels.
Old July 8th 16, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

From

what I've read, the main negative compared to a DSLR for the
predecessor is the autofocus, sort of the same thing as the Pentax,
except those *are* DSLR's. Anyway, I'd wait for some full reviews. If
AF has improved to DSLR levels, I'd probably grab it if I were you.
There would be almost zero negatives at that point. There was mention,
though, that some Fuji lenses are slow to AF for mechanical reasons.

The burst rate is certainly at decent DSLR levels.

Fuji has been working on AF throughout the development of the
X-Cameras. I can say that the AF on my firmware updated E-X2 (now
v.4.0) is as good if not better than the AF on my D300S. The X-T2 seems
to have taken that a step further. One of the things I like about the
Fuji philosophy is they do not leave old cameras behind ad they
regularly provide firmware updates which are meaningful.

Here is what turned my X-E2 into an entirely different and improved camera.
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e2/features/page_08.html

Savageduck

Old July 8th 16, 09:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David Taylor

On 08/07/2016 03:46, Savageduck wrote:
First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

- wait for more reviews
- wait for price reductions perhaps later in the year
- decide if you can afford to treat yourself
- decide what to do with the existing camera - sell, pass on?
- could the money be better spent elsewhere?
- will there be an even better camera in 12/18 months time?

--
Cheers,
David
Old July 8th 16, 12:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-08 08:01:05 +0000, David Taylor

-

wait for more reviews
- wait for price reductions perhaps later in the year
- decide if you can afford to treat yourself
- decide what to do with the existing camera - sell, pass on?
- could the money be better spent elsewhere?
- will there be an even better camera in 12/18 months time?

Aah! You understand. ;-)

Savageduck

Old July 8th 16, 02:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2016-07-08 08:01:05 +0000, David Taylor
said:

On 08/07/2016 03:46, Savageduck wrote:
First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

-

wait for more reviews
- wait for price reductions perhaps later in the year
- decide if you can afford to treat yourself
- decide what to do with the existing camera - sell, pass on?
- could the money be better spent elsewhere?
- will there be an even better camera in 12/18 months time?

Aah! You understand. ;-)

All of the above is well said. But when you pick up a camera and it just
says, "give me a good home," the above goes out the window. (financial
considerations excepted.)

--
PeterN

Old July 8th 16, 02:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/7/2016 10:46 PM, Savageduck wrote:
First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

How many lives do you have?

--
PeterN
Old July 8th 16, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

- will there be an even better camera in 12/18 months time?

there always will be.
Old July 8th 16, 07:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article 2016070719464829267-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
says...

First the X-Pro2, now the X-T2 has arrived.
What to do? What to do?
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilm-x-t2-first-impressions-review
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_t2/?_ga=1.161534268.1873624120.1425149713

But no IBIS. Even Pentax and Panasonic are finally integrating in-body
image stabilidation into their cameras, but Fuji is not there yet.
--
Alfred Molon