Apple holds Spotify users to ransom

Old July 12th 16, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Apple holds Spotify users to ransom

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 16:41:01 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 7/11/2016 2:19 PM, PAS wrote:
On 7/11/2016 1:28 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 7/11/2016 11:19 AM, PAS wrote:
On 7/9/2016 4:20 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I use a hot spot for my data. How much data did you use?
This should help:

http://gizmodo.com/how-much-data-doe...-eat-up-164946

6894
Thanks. As a quick calculation, about 1 G a day. Much better off
purchasing and additional tracks.
perhaps a bit too quick.

assuming a 160 kbit stream (good enough for listening in a car), that's
~1 megabyte/min.

you'd need to be listening for ~1000 minutes per day to reach 1 gig,
which is nearly 17 hours of non-stop listening. i *highly* doubt that's
the case.

even if you use a 320 kbit stream (and you won't notice the difference
in a car), you'd still need to listen to around 8.5 hours per day to
reach a gig/day.

According to the link Bill provided, Pandora streams at 64 kbits. The
sound quality s pretty good to my ears and I can be fussy about that.
It's better than Sirius' sound quality.

Thanks,

I have to discuss this with Verizon.
As for sound quality, between the road noise and my hearing
deterioration, I cannot be as discriminating about sound as I used to be.

I have an easy solution for road noise: turn it up! I like to listen
to my music loud, always have. It's no surprise that I have tinnitus,
fortunately it's not a bad case.

Some pieces must e loud, e.g. the 1812 overture, with others, you lose
the mid tone subtleties when you turn it up too loud. e.g. most violin,
flute & piano concertos.

And big organs. A 32' stop needs power.

Eric Stevens
Old July 12th 16, 12:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-07-11 23:12:02 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 13:12:39 -0700, Bill W
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:19:57 -0400, PAS wrote:

I have an easy solution for road noise: turn it up!

Or buy a new car with better noise isolation & noise canceling. I hear
the Maybachs are quite good at that...

Road noise is mainly tyres.

Especially with snowchains on, or studded tires.

Choose your tires carefully.

Savageduck

Old July 12th 16, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 14:19:57 -0400, PAS wrote:

I have an easy solution for road noise: turn it up!

Or buy a new car with better noise isolation & noise canceling. I hear
the Maybachs are quite good at that...

Road noise is mainly tyres.

Especially with snowchains on, or studded tires.

Choose your snowchains carefully...

Choose your tires carefully.

Old July 12th 16, 01:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/11/2016 7:12 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:

Road noise is mainly tyres. Choose your tires carefully.

Constant road noise makes you sleepy. That must be where the expression
"tired out" comes from.

--
PeterN
Old July 12th 16, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

I listen to R&R, loud is the only way to listen to it.