How to turn off flash in EOS 300D digital Rebel

Old March 14th 05, 03:10 AM
rutman

Default How to turn off flash in EOS 300D digital Rebel

hi

i just bought this camera off futureshop. I have read the manuals etc
but cannot figure out how to turn off the auto flash!. the manual
mentions that non creative mode, the flash will not flash.. however I
thought it might be possible to simply press on the flash button to
force it off or on..

anyone knows?

thanks,

Old March 14th 05, 03:21 AM
David J. Littleboy

"rutman" wrote in message
hi

i just bought this camera off futureshop. I have read the manuals etc
but cannot figure out how to turn off the auto flash!. the manual
mentions that non creative mode, the flash will not flash..

It sounds as though you've misread the manual (which isn't hard to do). It's
the non-creative modes in which the flash automatically pops up. In M, Av,
Tv, and P the flash won't fire unless you ask it to by popping it up
manually.

The general advice is to learn how to use M, Av, Tv, and P modes and to not
use the other modes.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old March 14th 05, 04:07 AM
rutman

can i turn off the flash though?

the flash symbol appears on the lcd display.. I think I have seen it
with the disable symbol before ( a buddy rebels )

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 12:21:33 +0900, "David J. Littleboy"
wrote:

.. .

Old March 14th 05, 11:20 AM
Mark B.

"rutman" wrote in message
can i turn off the flash though?

the flash symbol appears on the lcd display.. I think I have seen it
with the disable symbol before ( a buddy rebels )

Not in the automatic 'icon' modes (full auto, portrait, landscape, etc.).
You have absolutely zero control. In the manual modes (M, Av, Tv, P), it
won't fire unless you force it.

Mark

Old March 14th 05, 03:04 PM
Bruce Uttley

Mark B. wrote:

"rutman" wrote in message
.. .
can i turn off the flash though?

the flash symbol appears on the lcd display.. I think I have seen it
with the disable symbol before ( a buddy rebels )

Not in the automatic 'icon' modes (full auto, portrait, landscape, etc.).
You have absolutely zero control. In the manual modes (M, Av, Tv, P), it
won't fire unless you force it.

Mark

There are seven Full Auto modes on the 300D: full auto, portrait,
landscape, close-up, sports, night portrait and FLASH OFF. Turn
the Mode Dial of the camera clockwise as far as it will go to
disable the flash. In Full Auto, the flash is also disabled in
landscape mode and sports mode.

As mentioned, the Creative Zone of the camera lets you choose.

Old March 15th 05, 01:29 AM
JohnR66

"rutman" wrote in message
hi

i just bought this camera off futureshop. I have read the manuals etc
but cannot figure out how to turn off the auto flash!. the manual
mentions that non creative mode, the flash will not flash.. however I
thought it might be possible to simply press on the flash button to
force it off or on..

anyone knows?

thanks,

Thry setting it to P mode with the flash down. It won't pop up. Learn about
Tv, Av and the other creative modes. I almost always use Av.
John