salvaging a developer

Old January 31st 04, 08:05 PM
David Nebenzahl

Default salvaging a developer

On 1/28/2004 12:44 AM Tom Phillips spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 1/27/2004 9:04 PM br spake thus:

I appreciate your answer Mr. Knoppow. You have always been polite and on
topic.

I do not write to this NG very often but when I have I've always received
courteous and good answers but I have lost interest in this group because of
a certain few folks that seem to have fun ridiculing others with their flame
wars and childish comments.

Aw, shucks, you're being too kind. Don't try to flatter us.

And just who is "us"?

Well, if you have to ask, not you, obviously.

--
It's stupid, moronic and too fcuking obvious, as obvious as counting your
fingers, so TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW or just shut the fcuk up.

- "jjs" in extremis on rec.photo.darkroom

Old February 1st 04, 04:32 AM
HypoBob

Otzi,

When I used the term Mylar, I was referring specifically to the
metalized plastic film developed by DuPont. Its silvery surface
somewhat resembles aluminum foil, but of course it is much stronger and
more flexible. It is the material used for those helium baloons that
stay inflated for weeks after the party.

The plastic bladders I have seen in wine boxes lately are of a thick,
almost clear, slightly milky plastic. I found the web site of one of
the makers, but could not come up with any hard info on what the
material really is.

Bob
-----------------------
otzi wrote:

"HypoBob"

How can one tell between Mylar and 'plastic' bladders?.

In past decades we used wine bladders for water whilst bush walking and soon
after noticed opportunists offering fancy canvas pocketed ones. However
they proved very good and would last for mary treks screwed up and
rescunched in the back pack before finally weeping. rarely leaking. Also
with air as pillows.... They proved unbustable.

As an aside, has any one found PET drink bottles to do the darkroom job? I
have used 2lt ones with a car Schroeder valve in the lid to act as a
compressor reservoir for airbrushing, They are good for 90psi+ although the
base dimples tend to pregnant out.

otzi