Seeking photos.....

Old March 30th 08, 10:29 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
jim

Default Seeking photos.....

I am seeking photos for a new project. I want all of the photos of people
helping that I can get.

The people can be helping people or animals. The "help" can be as simple as
helping someone across the street or as dangerous as dragging a fellow
soldier out of the line of fire. They can be of humans helping humans or
humans helping animals. They can even be of people just doing a good deed.

The essence of the picture should be that of a person giving of themselves
to help others.

It would seem that these photos abound...but I am having problems finding
them. If you have seen such images would you please post links to them
here.

I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

jim

Old March 30th 08, 11:58 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
Eric[_7_]

And how much are you paying for each image, and where will you use them etc.

Surely you dont expect to get them for free?

Eric

Old March 30th 08, 06:08 PM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
Burt Johnson

jim wrote:

I am seeking photos for a new project. I want all of the photos of people
helping that I can get.

iStockphoto.com is your best bet

--
- Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
Old March 31st 08, 05:20 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
jim

No...I don't expectthem for free. How much would I pay? I'm not sure.
Depends on the image really.

I will use them as illustrations in a poem to be published.

jim

. uk...

Old March 31st 08, 05:23 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
jim

Not at all they don't.

I haven't restricted myself to just "free" photography. (God knows its
expensive taking digital pictures nowadays - what with all of the clicking
and everything.).

I haven't found photos of people helping each other and animals or being
caught doing good deeds in any sort of numbers at all.

It seems that the most images of people that I find are of their dispair or
hurt.

But, I guess that's what people buy now... They feed on destruction and
death and all things negative.

How very sad.

jim

"Neil Barker" wrote in message
says...

It would seem that these photos abound...

Not for free they don't.

--
Neil Barker

Old March 31st 08, 05:24 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
jim

That's a great site. I use it for photos for websites mostly.

But, the majority of the photos that I have seen there are staged. I am
looking for actual moments in time where a person was caught doing a good
deed.

Thanks.

jim

Old March 31st 08, 06:13 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
^Ebony-Temuchin^

jim wrote:
Not at all they don't.

I haven't restricted myself to just "free" photography. (God knows its
expensive taking digital pictures nowadays - what with all of the clicking
and everything.).

And time to take the photo and time to process it from raw, petrol to
get to the location you take the shot, power to charge the battery and
run the computer.

How much does it cost you to sit at a keyboard and tap tap tap out a
poem? Do you give your books away?

Old March 31st 08, 06:54 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
Paul Furman

^Ebony-Temuchin^ wrote:
jim wrote:

(God knows its expensive taking digital pictures nowadays -
what with all of the clicking and everything.).

How much does it cost you to sit at a keyboard and tap tap tap out a
poem? Do you give your books away?

Ouch.
Good point though, and don't forget food & rent...
Old April 1st 08, 12:17 AM posted to alt.journalism.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.marketplace,rec.photo.misc
jim

"^Ebony-Temuchin^" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Not at all they don't.

I haven't restricted myself to just "free" photography. (God knows its
expensive taking digital pictures nowadays - what with all of the
clicking and everything.).

And time to take the photo and time to process it from raw, petrol to get
to the location you take the shot, power to charge the battery and run the
computer.

How much does it cost you to sit at a keyboard and tap tap tap out a poem?
Do you give your books away?

It doesn't cost me a thing. I do it in my spare time because it is
something that I love to do.

And, no I don't give the hard copy books away, however I would gladly give
away the ebooks.

Salt with that foot?

jim