3 or more dead pixels on camera's LCD, keep or return?

Old July 6th 04, 01:33 AM
pjp

Default 3 or more dead pixels on camera's LCD, keep or return?

I'd return it as I'd consider it broken before it even came out of the box.

"Mike Henley" wrote in message
m...
I noticed at least 3 pixels on the camera's LCD which i just received
an hour ago (HP 945). I must admit i can't really say they have much
functional significance as the LCD is viewed from somewhat of a
distance and usually it's only viewed for framing. I can also use the
EVF. One of them is only obvious when the camera is in menu mode but
when shooting it's covered by the battery indicator. The second is
visible on both but only if i look close at it rather than look at the
image; usually i'm more concerned with framing rather than looking for
pixels. The third is in the center of the LCD and more visible though
it's white whereas the others are red. I haven't checked if there are
any more. Maybe there's a hint of a fourth or fifth but they're tiny
and being white not really that visible. I don't think there's more.
I'm hesitating, they really have no functional significance and I'd be
tempted to just forget about it, but then the perfectionist of a
consumer in me wonders if i should be annoyed enough about a red dot
that shouldn't be there on a blue menu background and return the
camera.

What would *you* do? return it or keep it?

It's in the LCD rather than the CCD sensor. I'm satisfied about the
pics the camera takes.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...59621689wkJryY