new 10d mkII with 1.3x sensor

Old July 2nd 04, 07:40 PM
Mark M

Default new 10d mkII with 1.3x sensor

"Jytzel" wrote in message
om...
"david Smith" wrote in message

Folks I just heard from a friend that Canon are going to release their

next 10d mk2 with the same sensor as the 1DmkII and that its
going to be announced in October and with cost of $1,800 approx.

I for one am not really impressed at the huge price increase for just 2

more MP

Can someone confirm whether there is any truth in this?

Hard to believe that. That would kill 1D markII.

No it wouldn't.
Sports photogs (a major segment that is buying the Mark II) would have ZERO
use for a 3FPS version. The draw of the Mark II to pros is in frame rate,
robustness of the body, and extreme handling of bursts (40 frames non-stop).
Add to this the complete control of the 1V/1D, with it's flash synch, spot
meter, and a large list of advances, and you're really talking about FAR
more than a measly two mega-pixel advantage over teh 10D.

Old July 2nd 04, 08:23 PM
RSD99

"George Preddy" posted:
"...
Sensor count (not recorded pixel count) is important though, and the
10D really needs a boost. This should help the camera get up to
speed. Especially if the DR is improved as Canon slowly drags their
CMOS manufacturing technology into the late 90's. Right now the 10D
isn't a usable camera outdoors.
...."

HeHeHeHeHe ...

Idiot ...

HeHeHeHeHe ...

Old July 2nd 04, 08:25 PM
RSD99

"Bob Hatch" posted:
"...
It would be like
taking the same sensor used in the 10D and putting it in a cheaper body,
disabling some of the features, adding a lens, slowing down the burst rate,
and reducing the buffer then selling it for about 1/3 the price.
...."

Sounds exactly like the Digital Rebel ... Tooooooo Meeeeeeeee ...

Old July 2nd 04, 09:07 PM
Mark B.

"Bob Hatch" wrote in message
"Mark B." wrote in message

You are right on. There is no way that Canon would do this. It would be

like
taking the same sensor used in the 10D and putting it in a cheaper body,
disabling some of the features, adding a lens, slowing down the burst

rate,
and reducing the buffer then selling it for about 1/3 the price.

Just couldn't be done. No way. If they did that 10D sales would drop like

rock.

LOL. Apples & oranges. You're talking about a $500 difference between the
10D & Digital Rebel. I'm talking about a $3,000 difference between the 10D
& 1D MkII. Get a grip.

Mark

Old July 2nd 04, 09:20 PM
Bob Hatch

"Mark B." wrote in message

"Bob Hatch" wrote in message
"Mark B." wrote in message

You are right on. There is no way that Canon would do this. It would
be like taking the same sensor used in the 10D and putting it in a
cheaper body, disabling some of the features, adding a lens, slowing
down the burst rate, and reducing the buffer then selling it for
about 1/3 the price.

Just couldn't be done. No way. If they did that 10D sales would drop
like a rock.

LOL. Apples & oranges. You're talking about a $500 difference
between the 10D & Digital Rebel. I'm talking about a $3,000
difference between the 10D & 1D MkII. Get a grip.

Mark

Ya, you're right. Can't be done. Won't be done. Impossible. It would be like
back when the D30 was a hot item fro about $3000.00 having Canon introduce a
4.15 mp camera with a CCD sensor and then try to sell it for, oh, I don't
know, maybe over $5,000. It's just something that couldn't happen. Wouldn't
sell, wouldn't be a success.

Gotcha. You did me in again.
--
"Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke

Old July 2nd 04, 09:36 PM
Bob Hatch

"RSD99" wrote in message

"George Preddy" posted:
"...
Sensor count (not recorded pixel count) is important though, and the
10D really needs a boost. This should help the camera get up to
speed. Especially if the DR is improved as Canon slowly drags their
CMOS manufacturing technology into the late 90's. Right now the 10D
isn't a usable camera outdoors.
..."

HeHeHeHeHe ...

Idiot ...

HeHeHeHeHe ...

I know. Every time we want to use our 10D outdoors we have to build a
building over the entire area. Expensive and inconvenient.

Old July 2nd 04, 09:46 PM
Phil Wheeler

RSD99 wrote:
"George Preddy" posted:
"...
Sensor count (not recorded pixel count) is important though, and the
10D really needs a boost. This should help the camera get up to
speed. Especially if the DR is improved as Canon slowly drags their
CMOS manufacturing technology into the late 90's. Right now the 10D
isn't a usable camera outdoors.
..."

HeHeHeHeHe ...

Idiot ...

HeHeHeHeHe ...

Preddiot.

Old July 2nd 04, 09:48 PM
Phil Wheeler

Bob Hatch wrote:

"RSD99" wrote in message

"George Preddy" posted:
"...
Sensor count (not recorded pixel count) is important though, and the
10D really needs a boost. This should help the camera get up to
speed. Especially if the DR is improved as Canon slowly drags their
CMOS manufacturing technology into the late 90's. Right now the 10D
isn't a usable camera outdoors.
..."

HeHeHeHeHe ...

Idiot ...

HeHeHeHeHe ...

I know. Every time we want to use our 10D outdoors we have to build a
building over the entire area. Expensive and inconvenient.

Maybe GP lives where it rains all the time.