possible supplier of chemicals in India

Old November 10th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default possible supplier of chemicals in India

November 10, 2009, from Lloyd Erlick,

I received this email today, presumably
because they have been searching websites
that mention photo chemicals.

I have never dealt with this company, and
have no interest beyond informational.

Kind Attn.: Purchase Manager
*
Dear Sir,
*
We are manufacturer and exporter of below
chemicals :
*
Ammonium Sulphite Solution
Ammonium Bisulphite Solution
Ammonium Thiosulphate Solution
*
Sodium Thiosulphate Anhydrous
Sodium Thiosulphate Crystal
Sodium Formaldehyde Bisulphite
Sodium Acetate Anhydrous
Sodium Carbonate Anhydrous
Sodium Metabisulphite
Sodium Bisulphite
*
Potassium Sulphite Solution
Potassium Metabisulphite
*
Kindly let us know if we can supply any of
above products to your most reputed company.
*
Thanking you with regards,
*
Rahul Madan Shimpi
(Export Executive)
*
SHAKTI CHEMICALS
(An ISO 9001:2000 certified company)
*
At.Baska, Halol Baroda Road,
Gujarat, INDIA.
Tel.: 00.91.2676.247227
Fax : 00.91.2676.247355
Cell No. : 00.91.98250.43369
Visit us on www.shaktichemicals.com /
www.indiamart.com/shaktichemicals /
www.shaktichemicals.co.in
*
MSN IM:
Skype IM : Shaktichemicals
*

www.shaktichemicals.com
" Manufacturer of Photographic and Oilfield
chemicals since 1983 "
Old November 10th 09, 08:35 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 11/10/2009 6:12 AM spake thus:

I received this email today, presumably because they have been
searching websites that mention photo chemicals.

[snip]

SHAKTI CHEMICALS
(An ISO 9001:2000 certified company)

Visit us on
www.shaktichemicals.com

Company looks legit enough. I seriously doubt, however, that you're
going to be able to buy small, convenient packages of photo chemicals
from them. They're an industrial supply operation. (I wonder what the
smallest amount is that they would sell: 55-gallon barrels? and if
perhaps a bunch of folks could band together to make up an order.)

Also curious what the relationship is between photo chemicals and
oil-field chemicals.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Old November 11th 09, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/10/2009 6:12 AM spake thus:

I received this email today, presumably because they have been
searching websites that mention photo chemicals.

[snip]

SHAKTI CHEMICALS
(An ISO 9001:2000 certified company)

Visit us on
www.shaktichemicals.com

Company looks legit enough. I seriously doubt, however, that you're
going to be able to buy small, convenient packages of photo chemicals
from them. They're an industrial supply operation. (I wonder what the
smallest amount is that they would sell: 55-gallon barrels? and if
perhaps a bunch of folks could band together to make up an order.)

Also curious what the relationship is between photo chemicals and
oil-field chemicals.

Also, how would you manage the paperwork to get it through customs?

^^-^^ 11:20:01 up 4 days, 17:54, 3 users, load average: 4.66, 4.67, 4.70
Old November 11th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 11/11/2009 8:24 AM Jean-David Beyer spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 11/10/2009 6:12 AM spake thus:

I received this email today, presumably because they have been
searching websites that mention photo chemicals.

[snip]

SHAKTI CHEMICALS
(An ISO 9001:2000 certified company)

Visit us on
www.shaktichemicals.com

Company looks legit enough. I seriously doubt, however, that you're
going to be able to buy small, convenient packages of photo chemicals
from them. They're an industrial supply operation. (I wonder what the
smallest amount is that they would sell: 55-gallon barrels? and if
perhaps a bunch of folks could band together to make up an order.)

Also curious what the relationship is between photo chemicals and
oil-field chemicals.

Also, how would you manage the paperwork to get it through customs?

Good question. Presumably someone (the importer) would need to have the
proper licenses and such. Lotsa paperwork, but it's probably possible.
(I have worked with people trying to get stuff through customs, and it
can be a bitch. You definitely need a broker or agent, and a good one at
that.)

Old November 13th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 11/13/2009 5:33 AM sreenath spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

[...]

I live in India.
Even if the chemicals would be cheaper, what about shipping charges?
I wanted to buy Phenidone and CD-4, which are _not_ available anywhere
in retail in India, and had to buy 1 KG of each.

And minimum shipment size for Ammonium thiosulfate was 25 KG.

Well, as I said, it *might* make sense to buy chemicals in bulk if
several people set up some kind of buying club to pool their needs, but
it would require a lot of coordination to make it happen.