Best cardboard for mounting slides?

Old January 22nd 11, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Default Best cardboard for mounting slides?

On 1/21/2011 4:51 PM Ed spake thus:

Can anyone suggest the best type of cardboard used to mount color
slides? The type Kodak used is not thick--about the thickness of
regular chipboard--but much stiffer. I have a die cut for
manufacturing my own Super Slide cardboard mounts on a letterpress.

Just curious: what have you got? A windmill? Old Chandler & Price?

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.
Old January 25th 11, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

Ed wrote:
I have both a Chandler & Price and a Windmill. The ones I've done so
far I hand fed on the C&P.

On Jan 21, 7:34 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just curious: what have you got? A windmill? Old Chandler & Price?

Hand feeding a C&P is pretty exciting for a beginner. I tried it for a
while but did not want to make a career of it. I hand set the type first.

^^-^^ 12:15:01 up 6 days, 20:50, 3 users, load average: 4.33, 4.43, 4.55

Treating cardboard? bellows on an Empire State View Gregory Large Format Photography Equipment 5 January 26th 05 11:52 PM
WW1 slides 3-D stereoview glass slides Fisherview [email protected] General Equipment For Sale 0 December 9th 04 05:19 PM
Old slides v recent slides [email protected] 35mm Photo Equipment 11 September 29th 04 02:28 AM
Dark Slides don't fit ARE NOT X-RAY Slides Ken Smith Large Format Photography Equipment 1 January 23rd 04 05:45 PM
Mounting press for heat-seal cardboard slide mounts? sscc40 Film & Labs 3 January 12th 04 02:32 AM