Need a source for bellows

Old November 27th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Mark A.Meggs

Default Need a source for bellows

I picked up a 5x7 Burke & James at an auction about a year ago. The
bellows is ripped.

Does anyone know of a good source for bellows?

Thanks!

- Mark
Old November 28th 10, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Lawrence T. Akutagawa

"Bob AZ" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a good source for bellows?

Thanks!

- Mark

Google Turner bellows I think it is. Also look for a bellows place
online in S CA.

Also have you tried Ebay?

Bob AZ

*********
http://www.gortite.com/bellows/photography.html

Old November 28th 10, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Mark A.Meggs

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:25:03 -0800, "Lawrence T. Akutagawa"
wrote:

"Bob AZ" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a good source for bellows?

Thanks!

- Mark

Google Turner bellows I think it is. Also look for a bellows place
online in S CA.

Also have you tried Ebay?

Bob AZ

*********
http://www.gortite.com/bellows/photography.html

Thanks Bob and Lawrence!! I'll check them out.

- Mark
Old December 3rd 10, 11:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Richard Knoppow

"Mark A.Meggs" wrote in message
I picked up a 5x7 Burke & James at an auction about a year
ago. The
bellows is ripped.

Does anyone know of a good source for bellows?

Thanks!

- Mark

I have a list of placed that used to make bellows but
have no idea of which are still in business. FWIW, here is
what I have.

Western Bellows Company
7454 Henbane Street
Etiwanda, Ca. 91739
email.
phone. 909 980-0606
Contact Jim Ormond.

Camera Bellows
Unit 3-5
St. Pauls Road
Balsall Heath
Birmingham
B12 8NG
http://www.camerabellows.com/
Tel: +44 (0) 121 440 1695
Fax +44 (0) 121 440 0972

The web site is no longer active. This was the only
maker of genuine leather bellows and had a reputation for
making the best. I think I heard that they had gone out of
business.

Flexible Products Co.
14504 60th St. N.
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 536-3142
(800) 551-3766
Fax: (727) 535-1295
http://www.flexproducts.com

I had a bellows made by Flexible Products some years
ago. It is quite servicable and service was good, but the
workmanship left something to be desired.

Joe Merry
Turner Bellows Inc.
526 Child Street
Rochester NY, 14606
(716) 235-4456 x202

http://www.turnerbellows.com

Turner's web site indicates they still make camera
bellows. Turner made bellows OEM for a number of well-known
camera makers over the years. They are very distantly
related to the Turner of the famous (or notorious)
Turner-Reich lens and the old Gundlach company.

Also try:

Ken Hough
707 Lafayette
Valparaiso IN 46383
219-462-0281
deardorffcameras.0catch.com

Ken rebuilds Deardorff cameras and may either make or
have a source of bellows.

Again, these are all very old, I don't know which are
still in business or if the addresses are correct for those
who are.

--
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA