Durability of the 300D

Old July 4th 04, 02:45 PM
Phil Wheeler

Default Durability of the 300D

George Preddy wrote:

Phil Wheeler wrote in message ...

DJ wrote:

In fact, the next lens I buy will be a
75-300 or therabouts, and I will specifically go for the lightweight plastic
contruction.

Unlike the body, plastic construction in a long lens will likely mean
performance compromises. I have a Sigma 70-300APO and a Canon 100-300
(both metal, or so it seems). Neither satisfy me so I plan to order the
new Canon 70-300 DO IS.

Why the major downgrade? http://www.photozone.de/2Equipment/easytxt.htm#Ztelel

Better lens. But you wouldn't know that, Geroge. But ingnorance does
not deter you from making statements, as usual.

BTW -- the Canon 70-300 DO IS does not appear to be on the page you
referred to.

Old July 6th 04, 01:18 AM
skymuffins

"Phil Wheeler" wrote in message

Brian C. Baird wrote:

In article , w6tuh-ng1
@yahoo.com says...

Quote from a Forum:

"I've noticed a few comments about the poor build quality of the 300D
but I have to say that mine seems quite well made.

Last night I dropped mine down a flight of stone stairs with no harm
done to it, so I'm quite happy with its resilience. (I wish I could say
the same thing for myself)"

So maybe the 300D is not as fragile as some suggest.

But I do wonder how high it bounced :-)

Phil

Stone stairs? Ouch!

Yeah -- sounds like he may have been doing a photo shoot in a dungeon :-)

He is shooting in a dungeon because the 300D & 10D are worthless outdoors
according to GP .

- Harrison