10D as good as a Hassey?

Old July 5th 04, 12:26 PM
James Poynter

Default 10D as good as a Hassey?

Recently I worked with a photographer who uses both a Hasselblad camera and
a Canon 10D. When I asked him, he told me that the pictures he gets with
his 10D are at least as good as the pictures he gets from his Hassey; he
just uses the Hassey out of habit.

I shoot a 10D, so of course I was very glad to hear his opinion, but I
wonder how true it is. Do any of you who have experience with both the
Hassey and the 10D and agree with him?

Old July 5th 04, 02:58 PM
Chris Brown

In article ,
David J. Littleboy wrote:

MF's a royal pain, except that the detail's fantastic and addictive. So I'm
passing on dSLR digital until Canon comes up with a liftable and affordable
version of the 1Ds.

Ah, you're another member of the "Wouldn't an EOS 3D be nice?" club then?
Canon are sick of telling people that there's no demand for such a product.
Old July 5th 04, 03:00 PM
gsum

I know someone who has just got his hands on a Kodak 14n (the old one)
and he's now in the process of dumping his 645 gear. Having seen some
of the results, I think he's right.

Graham

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
I would pretty much agree with this, 6 Mpix (we have a 10D) prints at

12x18"
aren't quite as good as scanned 35 mm film, 8 Mpix (just got a Canon 1D

Mark II
two weeks ago) prints at 12x18" look pretty much equal or maybe slightly

better
to me than scanned 35 mm printed the same size (though I've only done a

couple
so far), and 11 Mpix (Canon 1Ds) definitely makes better prints than I can

get
from scanned 35 mm and is closing in on 645 medium format.

Which means to me that the 6 Mpix 10D is NOT as good as a Hassy for

ultimate
image quality, but I know several wedding photographers who've switched

from
Blads to the 10D because it's certainly *good enough* for THEIR needs.

But I still hope he posts on r.p.e.medium-format, just to let the boys

over
there vent their outrage

Bill

Old July 5th 04, 03:01 PM
David J. Littleboy

"Chris Brown" wrote:
David J. Littleboy wrote:

MF's a royal pain, except that the detail's fantastic and addictive. So

I'm
passing on dSLR digital until Canon comes up with a liftable and

affordable
version of the 1Ds.

Ah, you're another member of the "Wouldn't an EOS 3D be nice?" club then?

Yep. You got that right. Grumble. Spot meter and interchangeable focussing
screens are standard on real SLRs. Grumble. If one is going to pay money for
a broken camera, I'd
rather an honest broken camera like the 300D.

Canon are sick of telling people that there's no demand for such a

product.

They'd sell a lot fewer 10Ds if people knew a full-frame 3D were in the
worksg.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old July 5th 04, 03:22 PM
Skip M

"Chris Brown" wrote in message
news
In article ,
David J. Littleboy wrote:

MF's a royal pain, except that the detail's fantastic and addictive. So

I'm
passing on dSLR digital until Canon comes up with a liftable and

affordable
version of the 1Ds.

Ah, you're another member of the "Wouldn't an EOS 3D be nice?" club then?
Canon are sick of telling people that there's no demand for such a

product.

That reminds me of a cartoon I saw in a liquor store one time. The
shopkeeper behind the counter is telling his customer, "No one buys that
stuff anymore, and you're the tenth person I've told that to, today!"

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old July 5th 04, 03:28 PM
Rodrick Dalton

If he is getting as good pictures from his Canon 10D as his Hasselblad, then is obviously not using the right equiptment with his Hasselblad. He must need a "PHASE ONE H 10" (http://www.phaseone.com/upload/h10_datasheet_us.pdf) for his Hasselblad.

I use one at work.... it's a real cool piece of hardware, but costs an arm and a leg.....