Annotation question

Old July 5th 04, 04:42 PM
BG

Default Annotation question

Hi all-

This is my first post as I'm looking for my first digital camera.
Anyone know how I can find those 4-6 mp cameras that have great image
quality along with the ability to record sound comments during a still
photo shoot (either before/after)? I think that is called
'annotation". So far I like Fuji 7000, Olympus C-5060W, Kodak
EasyShare DX6440 or possibly Dx7440. I don't know if any of these do
the still shot annotation. Also, I wear eyeglasses.
Thanks for any help!

BG
Old July 5th 04, 05:53 PM
BG

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 17:26:43 GMT, "bagal" wrote:

Hmmm - good point BG

The first camera on my shortlist got ditched when I met it in the photo
shop. Reason?

Complicated menu - there are some lovely Fuji FinePix about that switch from
still to playback to video with a large dial atop the camera

This IMHO is a lot easier and for me a doddle even when I has my gloves on

I don't know the model you are referring too - I urge you to check with your
local camera store for one that has easy options without complicated menus
driven by size 6 print

das B

pd - Now if someone was looking for kudos they might write a firmwate update
that would resize critical menu paths in large print for lcd display

go to it!

dB

"BG" wrote in message
.. .
Hi all-

This is my first post as I'm looking for my first digital camera.
Anyone know how I can find those 4-6 mp cameras that have great image
quality along with the ability to record sound comments during a still
photo shoot (either before/after)? I think that is called
'annotation". So far I like Fuji 7000, Olympus C-5060W, Kodak
EasyShare DX6440 or possibly Dx7440. I don't know if any of these do
the still shot annotation. Also, I wear eyeglasses.
Thanks for any help!

BG

Thanks dB for your post back to me. ps.. what was your first choice
that got ditched when you tried it in the shop?
BG

Old July 5th 04, 09:40 PM
bagal

several

one was a samsung and the other was a sony

samsung had what i thought was a rather complicated menu and sony because it
had lcd only (no viewfinder)

For use on the mountains I want a camera that was light, easy to use one
handed I can power up the Fuji one handed and follow everything through to
taking the shot with camera in one hand and a piece of mountain in the other

das B

enjoy BG - I hope you find the right kit

"BG" wrote in message
[...]

.. .

Old July 5th 04, 10:14 PM
chris French

In message , BG
writes
Hi all-

This is my first post as I'm looking for my first digital camera.
Anyone know how I can find those 4-6 mp cameras that have great image
quality along with the ability to record sound comments during a still
photo shoot (either before/after)? I think that is called
'annotation". So far I like Fuji 7000, Olympus C-5060W, Kodak
EasyShare DX6440 or possibly Dx7440. I don't know if any of these do
the still shot annotation.

Have alok at the specs on the manufacturers websites, or on the camera
review sites, such as dpreview, steves digicams, etc.

I've just bought Cannon A80, 4 mp, good images, handles nicely, and has
the voice annotation option, though I've not used it.

Also, I wear eyeglasses.

So do I:-)
--
Chris French