Casio QV R51?

Old July 4th 04, 04:25 PM
eppi60

Default Casio QV R51?

Has anyone had any experience with this camera? I "played" with it at Sam's
Club last week and it looks and feels like a very user friendly camera. I am
wondering how the printed images are?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Dan
Danbury, CT
Old July 4th 04, 05:34 PM
Sabineellen

Has anyone had any experience with this camera? I "played" with it at Sam's
Club last week and it looks and feels like a very user friendly camera. I am
wondering how the printed images are?

I have not seen the printed images but it won a DIMA 2004 award for image
quality. Google for casio dima shootout 2004
Old July 4th 04, 06:34 PM
Whoops! SCOTTIES

i found the printed images to be rather noisy for a 5mp. the canon ixus 400
offered much lower grain and far more detail-and that's only 4mp. i'd look
elsewhere, although good for £200.

Old July 5th 04, 06:54 PM
Dan Eppinger

Thanx for the help, everyone...I hope to hear from a few more people, as the
reviews have been very inconsistent regarding the camera's image
quality...many people have said to me, "Go with Canon"...I may actually do
that.

Dan

"Hap Shaughnessy" wrote in message
On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 18:34:20 +0100, "Whoops! SCOTTIES"
wrote:

i found the printed images to be rather noisy for a 5mp. the canon ixus

400
offered much lower grain and far more detail-and that's only 4mp. i'd

look
elsewhere, although good for £200.

Ah, bad news.

The QV-R51 meets so many of my requirements especially it's metal
alloy body, decent sized 2" TTF LCD monitor that happens to be scratch
resistant and it's uses SD memory cards and AA batteries.

It's fairly priced saving me Cdn$200.00 & $250.00 compared to the Sony
DCS-W1 and the Canon S60 that I have been considering. Sony and Canon
accessories seem overpriced too.

I was so disappopinted that this review of the QV-R51 showed blurry
corners on images and purple fringing.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=74222

I thought that I had found the best digicam for me. LOL

Thanks for the heads up about the noisy print quality.

Back to the drawing board.

Hap