Will need new printer

Old September 17th 15, 07:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default Will need new printer

On 2015-09-16 18:43:25 +0000, nospam said:

In article , philo
wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Now that you mention it, I recall my wife
downloading the ICC color profile from Epson. The first test print was
absolutely 100% perfect and we keep it in our living room to show
people
what great results we got.

My credit card billing cycle is closed, printer just ordered

Thank you very much...the $200 rebate this month sure made it easy on
the budget.

Which one did you get?

My wife ordered the P600

She has a lot of work to do, so hopefully it will get here Monday.

We did not need a larger printer because we rarely go larger than 13" x
19" and for the twice a year we need a larger print...I have a friend
who does large format prints professionally and we usually barter for
computer repair work.
Old September 17th 15, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default Will need new printer ... add'l ?

On 09/17/2015 09:43 AM, PeterN wrote:

snip

Now that I have the old R1800 in my workshop and have confirmed there is
no way to get it working right for color...My B&W only test shows good
results.

My question is...

If I do B&W only does the printer also use the color ink.

My wife thinks that if I use it for B&W only I may end up running the
color cartridges out as well.
Old September 17th 15, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , philo
wrote:

If I do B&W only does the printer also use the color ink.

no. that's what b/w only means.

however, some printer drivers do not actually offer that option.

My wife thinks that if I use it for B&W only I may end up running the
color cartridges out as well.

she is mistaken. they will not be used.

however, the colour inks may not fare well if left unused. you want to
print *something* in colour every once in a while.
Old September 17th 15, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-09-17 18:22:45 +0000, philo said:

On 09/17/2015 09:43 AM, PeterN wrote:

snip

Now that I have the old R1800 in my workshop and have confirmed there
is no way to get it working right for color...My B&W only test shows
good results.

My question is...

If I do B&W only does the printer also use the color ink.

Probably.

My wife thinks that if I use it for B&W only I may end up running the
color cartridges out as well.

....and probably.

Savageduck

Old September 17th 15, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 2015-09-17 18:22:45 +0000, philo said:

On 09/17/2015 09:43 AM, PeterN wrote:

snip

Now that I have the old R1800 in my workshop and have confirmed there
is no way to get it working right for color...My B&W only test shows
good results.

My question is...

If I do B&W only does the printer also use the color ink.

Probably.

My wife thinks that if I use it for B&W only I may end up running the
color cartridges out as well.

...and probably.

Well, since it's a junker but I have some ink left, guess I'll
experiment and see. Since my laser printer does most of the B&W
printing...I might still be using the old R1800 for a while yet...
or I may get sick of it and take it to the recycling center.
Old September 17th 15, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/17/2015 2:13 PM, philo wrote:
On 09/17/2015 10:11 AM, PeterN wrote:

Yep. Just like some musicians have perfect pitch...my wife is an artist
and has the equivalent to perfect color definition.

The definition of "perfect" being good enough that no human could tell
the difference.

We stick with Epson paper and ink as well...and have had incredibly good
results.

The only one you have to please is yourself. Unless you are selling, in
which case you must please your clients.

When it comes to color, my wife is more discriminatory that I am...
she does make sure that Photoshop properly communicates with the printer
however...she did tell me that some minor tweaks might be needed initially.

It goes without saying that your wife must be happy. Otherwise, you will
never be.

--
PeterN
Old September 17th 15, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 2015-09-16 18:43:25 +0000, nospam said:

In article , philo
wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Now that you mention it, I recall my wife
downloading the ICC color profile from Epson. The first test print
was
absolutely 100% perfect and we keep it in our living room to show
people
what great results we got.

My credit card billing cycle is closed, printer just ordered

Thank you very much...the $200 rebate this month sure made it easy on
the budget.

Which one did you get?

My wife ordered the P600

She has a lot of work to do, so hopefully it will get here Monday.

We did not need a larger printer because we rarely go larger than 13" x
19" and for the twice a year we need a larger print...I have a friend
who does large format prints professionally and we usually barter for
computer repair work.

Enjoy and have fun with it.

--
PeterN
Old September 17th 15, 08:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 9/17/2015 2:22 PM, philo wrote:
On 09/17/2015 09:43 AM, PeterN wrote:

snip

Now that I have the old R1800 in my workshop and have confirmed there is
no way to get it working right for color...My B&W only test shows good
results.

My question is...

If I do B&W only does the printer also use the color ink.

My wife thinks that if I use it for B&W only I may end up running the
color cartridges out as well.

IIRC some printers have a setting for monochrome only. You might want to
check the Epson support groups.

--
PeterN
Old September 17th 15, 08:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

My question is...

If I do B&W only does the printer also use the color ink.

My wife thinks that if I use it for B&W only I may end up running the
color cartridges out as well.

IIRC some printers have a setting for monochrome only. You might want to
check the Epson support groups.

every once in a while you say something that's correct.
Old September 17th 15, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 09/17/2015 02:30 PM, PeterN wrote:

When it comes to color, my wife is more discriminatory that I am...
she does make sure that Photoshop properly communicates with the printer
however...she did tell me that some minor tweaks might be needed
initially.

It goes without saying that your wife must be happy. Otherwise, you will
never be.

Yep.

She's the expert on color...

but when she did some B&W prints for me...I had to give her some input.