8 Megapixel camera limited to 8cmx10cm prints?

Old February 19th 05, 02:06 PM
jjs

"David Albrecht" wrote in message

Really? I have a 600ppi laser printer right here.

Really? And it prints 600ppi full color dots? Not 600ppi dots which
are arranged in a pattern to emulate true color dots? My Epson 1270
has exceedingly high resolution, but a true color dot is composed of
many of actual printer dots.

Yours is an ink-jet printer.

Old February 20th 05, 07:17 AM
David Albrecht

Yeah so? Last I heard lasers worked exactly the same way. Only dye
sub printers actually did varying color dots. What laser printer has
600 ppi of true color dots?

Dave

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:06:42 -0600, "jjs" wrote:

.. .

Old February 20th 05, 10:29 AM
Chris Brown

David Albrecht wrote:
Yeah so? Last I heard lasers worked exactly the same way. Only dye
sub printers actually did varying color dots.

Fuji Frontiers vary the colour as well, but they're not really printers as
such...
Old February 21st 05, 01:59 PM
jjs

"David Albrecht" wrote in message

David, your post(s) are carrying an attachment that could be a virus.

Old February 23rd 05, 07:44 AM
David Albrecht

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 07:59:47 -0600, "jjs" john@xstafford.net
wrote:

"David Albrecht" wrote in message
.. .

David, your post(s) are carrying an attachment that could be a virus.

Thanks, I virus scanned it and it doesn't seem to be a virus, just a
shortcut from my desktop that somehow wandered into a message
I haven't a clue how.

Dave
Old March 5th 05, 09:16 AM
Q.G. de Bakker

jjs wrote:

If you have an 8 megapixel camera with a 4x5 ratio area then that
corresponds to 3150 pixels wide x 2520 high = 8 megapixels.

It is worse than you think. It takes three pixels to make a virtual point.

It does not.
It takes three points to create a pixel.