Now THIS is what I call a pose...

Old June 4th 07, 08:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
The Horny Goat

Default Now THIS is what I call a pose...

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 19:49:24 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

: Yeah, but it isn't our fault.....I would blame "God" for it, if I believed
: there was such a thing. - I have to admit, that I think the only excuse for
: killing seals is if you are an Eskimo and eat the meat. I think killing them
: so some Madison Avenue chick in NYC can wear them on her hands is rather
: obscene.

Or a chick in Montreal, Toronto, or Vancouver. It is, after all, in Canada
that most of the seals are clubbed.

So I in Vancouver (who if you're east of the Mississippi is twice as
far away from Newfoundland as I am) I am responsible for stuff
happening 5000 miles away - and I am one of the minority of
Vancouverites who has actually been there.

Hmmm. Makes as much sense as blaming the average American for what
happens as 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Now what any of this has to do with learning to take a great shot is
beyond me.

Right now I'm searching desperately for my camera bag. The camera
isn't missing but the bag is - I haven't seen it since Thursday when
our poor pooch made her last trip to the vet and I stuck the camera in
my pocket to give the missus the choice of one last shot (she chose
not to).

I am embarassed to say I took my last photo of the dog last Sunday
just before my daughter's high school grad when I wanted to check the
lighting levels. The dog was in the back yard running in the grass
when I went out to the sundeck. I am embarassed to say that she
squatted as I took what was to be our family's last photo of
her...technically it WAS a good shot though I'm always going to feel
sheepish about it!
Old June 4th 07, 08:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Carl Neil Ellwood

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:40:33 -0700, William Graham wrote:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/veil.html

Ha! - You're right....I've always misspelled it, and (in fact) thought of it
as a veil, and not as a vale....
I'm 71, and I still learn something new almost every day....

As you are still just a youth I will make allowances.....

--
Neil
Old June 4th 07, 11:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Dr Hfuhruhurr

On 3 Jun, 15:06, wrote:
On Jun 3, 8:54 am, Jer wrote:

MarkČ wrote:

Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
pose...he'd be in business!

Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever seen
on a wild animal:

The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to look
at the original.

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3 made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ

My wife could use a new coat... has anybody seen my biggo baseball bat?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Speaking of which, the one thing that makes me ashamed of being a
Canadian is the seal hunt that occurs.
Helen

Are you sure it's not Brian Adams?

Doc

Old June 4th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 1:02 am, "William Graham" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... On Jun 3, 6:40 pm, Robert Coe wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 12:27:41 -0700, wrote:

: On Jun 3, 1:31 pm, Alan Browne :
wrote:
: wrote:

: On Jun 3, 8:54 am, Jer wrote:
: My wife could use a new coat... has anybody seen my biggo baseball
bat?
:
: jer
:
: Speaking of which, the one thing that makes me ashamed of being a
: Canadian is the seal hunt that occurs.
:
: If you say things like the above and otherwise have a single leather
: garment or eat meat, then you're simply a hypocrite.
:
: Cheers,
: Alan
:
: I was expecting to hear from you. And no, I don't eat meat, and I
: don't wear leather.

I do, but I don't think Alan's point is valid. As any rabbi can tell you,
how
an animal is killed does matter. And being clubbed to death at an early
age in
front of your parents and siblings isn't kosher in a civilized society.

Bob

Amen to that!
Helen

Yeah, but even if they sent veterinarians to the Arctic to humanely
euthanize them, I still wouldn't be wearing sealskin hats and gloves......

Good for you Bill! Me either. We have such warm synthetic materials
today that it's not needed.
Helen

Old June 4th 07, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 6:31 am, Dr Hfuhruhurr wrote:
On 3 Jun, 15:06, wrote:

On Jun 3, 8:54 am, Jer wrote:

MarkČ wrote:

[...]

Nah, Brian Adams is ok. Now Howie Mandel is another matter. Sorry,
but he just seems to annoy me. LOL.
Helen

Old June 4th 07, 01:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 4, 3:16 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
MarkČ wrote:
wrote:

Of course! Camera and lens envy, but it's all said in good fun. And
this is how I meant it.

Mark and Bret are good friends.

Whatcha tryin' to do...ruin my reputation??

Kidding, of course, Helen...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Oh I know that Mark! I had a good chuckle over your reply. Not to
worry!
BTW: Have you sent Bret the RAW images he asked for? LOL!
Helen

Old June 4th 07, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pudentame

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:40:33 -0700, William Graham wrote:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/veil.html

Ha! - You're right....I've always misspelled it, and (in fact) thought of it
as a veil, and not as a vale....
I'm 71, and I still learn something new almost every day....

As you are still just a youth I will make allowances.....

Yup. Same "vale" as what holds the "shadow of death" where you're
supposed to "fear no evil".
Old June 4th 07, 08:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
John McWilliams

Pudentame wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:40:33 -0700, William Graham wrote:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/veil.html

Ha! - You're right....I've always misspelled it, and (in fact)
thought of it as a veil, and not as a vale....
I'm 71, and I still learn something new almost every day....

As you are still just a youth I will make allowances.....

Yup. Same "vale" as what holds the "shadow of death" where you're
supposed to "fear no evil".

But I also like the veil of tears. That's a veil that got caught in the
paper shredder.....

--
john mcwilliams

give it a minute more or less...
Old June 4th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Pudentame" wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 22:40:33 -0700, William Graham wrote:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/veil.html

Ha! - You're right....I've always misspelled it, and (in fact) thought
of it as a veil, and not as a vale....
I'm 71, and I still learn something new almost every day....

As you are still just a youth I will make allowances.....

Yup. Same "vale" as what holds the "shadow of death" where you're supposed
to "fear no evil".

Yes....I always thought of it as a veil in the sense that when you cry, you
look through a veil of tears, and not as a place, such as a valley where
much sorrow exists......either one would be proper in the poetic
sense.......

Old June 4th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"The Horny Goat" wrote in message
[...]

Just crop out her face, and discard the rest of the shot.......