Now THIS is what I call a pose...

Old June 3rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default Now THIS is what I call a pose...

On Jun 3, 11:39 am, wrote:

Of course! Camera and lens envy, but it's all said in good fun. And
this is how I meant it. Mark and Bret are good friends.

Yeah, but I still hate him.

Old June 3rd 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
William Graham wrote:
Eating meat is a "gift of God".....It's almost impossible to be a
veggie.....The only one in my family is sick all the time. He gets
migraines from lack of protein.

But you're an atheist, Will!

Yeah, but that's just my euphemism for, "nature". We come from a long line
of omnivores, and need meat for maintaining good health. As long as I am
going to pig out on pork sausage, bacon and t-bones, I might as well use
their hides too.......

Old June 3rd 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 3, 3:57 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

On Jun 3, 8:54 am, Jer wrote:

MarkČ wrote:

Now if Skip Middleton could just get his nudie beauties to strike this
pose...he'd be in business!

Here's the same little female--with the most expressive face I've ever
seen
on a wild animal:

The above shots were both taken at 1000 ISO using the 1D Mark III.

The following was shot at **2000 ISO**, but you'd NEVER guess that to
look
at the original.

It was quite dark, as I didn't get to the area until nearly 7:30PM, and
also
very overcast. I used a bit of fill flash from the 580EX II. The 1D3
made
shooting at high ISO truly worry-free. So far, its high ISO performance
has
been amazing. It is *at least* as good as my 5D, which most would agree
has
the lowest noise at high ISO of any camera yet made...

I see good things ahead for this new body...

-MarkČ

My wife could use a new coat... has anybody seen my biggo baseball bat?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Speaking of which, the one thing that makes me ashamed of being a
Canadian is the seal hunt that occurs.

If you say things like the above and otherwise have a single leather
garment or eat meat, then you're simply a hypocrite.

Cheers,
Alan

Eating meat is a "gift of God".....It's almost impossible to be a
veggie.....The only one in my family is sick all the time. He gets migraines
from lack of protein.
That having been said, what's wrong with eating cows and pigs and using
their hides for your leather....All my leather items are either pigskin or
cowhide.

In all good conscience, I can't eat meat Bill. I know it has protein
and vitamins you just can't get from another source. But I've seen
how the animals are treated and slaughtered and it doesn't sit well
with me.
Helen

Old June 3rd 07, 09:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Jun 3, 4:05 pm, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jun 3, 11:39 am, wrote:

Of course! Camera and lens envy, but it's all said in good fun. And
this is how I meant it. Mark and Bret are good friends.

Yeah, but I still hate him.

LOL! ;-)

Old June 3rd 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

wrote:

Of course! Camera and lens envy, but it's all said in good fun. And
this is how I meant it.

Mark and Bret are good friends.

Whatcha tryin' to do...ruin my reputation??

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old June 3rd 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

William Graham wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message

If you say things like the above and otherwise have a single leather
garment or eat meat, then you're simply a hypocrite.

Cheers,
Alan

Eating meat is a "gift of God".....It's almost impossible to be a
veggie.....The only one in my family is sick all the time. He gets migraines
from lack of protein.
That having been said, what's wrong with eating cows and pigs and using
their hides for your leather....All my leather items are either pigskin or
cowhide.

I have nothing at all against meat (at least for "animal rights"
reasons). Most "anti seal hunt" types do eat meat. The problem with
reating meat is it's incredibly inefficient in energy and pollution terms.
Old June 3rd 07, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Jun 3, 4:23 pm, wrote:

In all good conscience, I can't eat meat Bill. I know it has protein
and vitamins you just can't get from another source. But I've seen
how the animals are treated and slaughtered and it doesn't sit well
with me.
Helen

Then you probably wouldn't want to come around my crib on Saturday
nights cause that's when I'm usually out back cooking some big fat NY
strips on the grill.

Old June 3rd 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
William Graham wrote:

Yeah, but that's just my euphemism for, "nature". We come from a long
line of omnivores, and need meat for maintaining good health. As long
as I am going to pig out on pork sausage, bacon and t-bones, I might
as well use their hides too.......

You can always use the hide from a naugasaurus.

Rita

Yeah, but have you ever tasted the meat from one of those things?

Old June 3rd 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote in message
oups.com...

In all good conscience, I can't eat meat Bill. I know it has protein
and vitamins you just can't get from another source. But I've seen
how the animals are treated and slaughtered and it doesn't sit well
with me.
Helen

I know....I don't like the way they are treated either. And, I do eat a lot
of fish and chickens, even though they aren't treated any better. But I
didn't ask to be born into this veil of tears. I was just thrust here one
day, with a body that needs meat, and, into a world where the meat was
plentiful and was thrust down my throat three times a day with a baby
spoon.....So, none of it was my doing, and/or my responsibility. Now, at
this late date, I am not going to change.....In general, the cattle are
treated pretty well right up until the week before they are
slaughtered.....And so are the chickens, if you buy "free range" chickens,
which I do. (but then, I can afford them, and a lot of people can't)
They (the drug companies) should come out with a "protein pill" that is
manufactured from plants by genetic engineering, and contains an artificial
animal protein that the human body can use to replace the protein that it
would normally get by eating meat. People like my son-in-law could use it to
make his migraine headaches go away.......He is a dedicated, "kosher"
veggie....He won't even eat veggies in a restaurant unless he is sure they
don't cut meat on the same chopping block.....

Old June 3rd 07, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

On Jun 3, 8:54 am, Jer wrote:

MarkČ wrote:

[...]

Just remember that there are a good number of animal species
that would have no qualms about eating...YOU.

-So... In the spirit of fairness.....

www.pbase.com/markuson