Depth of field - two of them?

Old February 13th 19, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Depth of field - two of them?

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

You seemed to be by claiming the iPad was slower in some way when using
google .

It's ceretainly slower than my desk top. The connection is slower. The
user interface is slower. But lets not go back over all that again.

your ipad is 7 years old and you're using outdated networking equipment.

try comparing like with like.

current ipad pros are faster than most laptops and many desktops in
benchmarks, particularly at video encoding/decoding.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/new-ipad-pro-benchmarks,news-28453.html
Apple's tablet took just 7 minutes and 47 seconds to complete our
task. It took the 13-inch MacBook Pro 25 minutes and 53 seconds, and
the Dell XPS 13 (31:03) and Surface Pro 6 (31:54) both took over half
an hour.

https://img.purch.com/o/aHR0cHM6Ly93...S9pbWFnZXMvdXB
sb2Fkcy9wcHJlc3MvNDU3NDEvbHRwX3ZpZGVvX2Fkb2JlX3J1c 2hfaXBhZF9wcm9fMTItOV8
yMDE4LmpwZw==
Old February 13th 19, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

. I wasn't attributing
anything to the sim card (or not). I was meely describing the iPad.

How do Aple describe such ipads ?
it's Wifi or wifi and cellular .

Why mention the SIM ?

To help discriminate my iPad from other possible models of iPad.

ipads have a non-sim model (wifi) and sim model (wifi+cellular), with
the exception of the cdma ipad 2 (from 2011) because cdma doesn't use
sims.
Old February 13th 19, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

The 10 seconds was an estimate from memory of
past events. By actual test the Google app takes 30 seconds from
start
to finish befoe I can start typing. Google via Safari takes about 8
seconds or a little more.

8 seconds is still unusually long to launch safari, or most apps for
that matter, but at least the second time will be instant.

You must learn to read for comprehension before you launch into print.

you should refrain from ad hominem attacks if you wish to be taken
seriously.

That's not an ad hominem.

it is

It's advice that you have misread and
misunderstood what I wrote. I never said that Safari takes 8 seconds.

searching via google certainly doesn't take 8 seconds. it's *instant*,
with search suggestions auto-populating as you type, much like on a
desktop computer...

Now for your third try at reading and understanding what I wrote.
Hint: I said nothing about the time for searching in Google.

if it's not searching time, then it must be app launch time.

do try to keep your story straight.
Old February 13th 19, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If you're wifi is so much slower than a hard wired link then perhaps it's
time to change yuor router or up the amount you pay to get a better
service.

As I have (sigh) already explained, the local area is cluttered with
interfering wifi networks. Channels interfere with each other and
network efficiency is low.

that's not why it's slow.

it;s a wifi problem that if yuo used yuor PC on wifi yuo;d get the same
or similar problem, which you;d also get with any andriod device or ANY
other device on wifi.

My desktop is not wifi.

My iMac can, can't you're PC do wifi ?

It was on wifi but I went to a great deal of trouble to get a Cat6
connection.

cat6 is not required for gigabit.

This is not a discussion about what might
be. It's a discussion about what is.

except your 'what is' is broken and you don't want to fix it.
Old February 13th 19, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:16:07 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

. I wasn't attributing
anything to the sim card (or not). I was meely describing the iPad.

How do Aple describe such ipads ?
it's Wifi or wifi and cellular .

Why mention the SIM ?

To help discriminate my iPad from other possible models of iPad.

ipads have a non-sim model (wifi) and sim model (wifi+cellular),

Mine is the latter.

Old February 13th 19, 04:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:16:08 -0500, nospam
wrote:

I wrote:

" By actual test the Google app takes 30 seconds from start
to finish before I can start typing. Google via Safari takes about
8 seconds or a little more."

By implication and common usage "Google via Safari takes about
8 seconds or a little more before I can start typing".

Eric Stevens
Old February 13th 19, 04:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:16:09 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If you're wifi is so much slower than a hard wired link then perhaps it's
time to change yuor router or up the amount you pay to get a better
service.

As I have (sigh) already explained, the local area is cluttered with
interfering wifi networks. Channels interfere with each other and
network efficiency is low.

that's not why it's slow.

it;s a wifi problem that if yuo used yuor PC on wifi yuo;d get the same
or similar problem, which you;d also get with any andriod device or ANY
other device on wifi.

My desktop is not wifi.

My iMac can, can't you're PC do wifi ?

It was on wifi but I went to a great deal of trouble to get a Cat6
connection.

cat6 is not required for gigabit.

What's coming next. The cable is built into my house.

This is not a discussion about what might
be. It's a discussion about what is.

except your 'what is' is broken and you don't want to fix it.

You keep arguing as if I think the problem is in my iPad.

Eric Stevens
Old February 13th 19, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

. I wasn't attributing
anything to the sim card (or not). I was meely describing the iPad.

How do Aple describe such ipads ?
it's Wifi or wifi and cellular .

Why mention the SIM ?

To help discriminate my iPad from other possible models of iPad.

ipads have a non-sim model (wifi) and sim model (wifi+cellular),

Mine is the latter.

most are wifi+cellular, partly because of the gps. activating cellular
is not required, and it's pay as you go, month to month, without any
long term commitment (unless it's subsidized).

the way to differentiate an ipad is by model and generation, sometimes
also its size, e.g., ipad 2, ipad air, ipad mini 3, ipad pro 10.5"
Old February 13th 19, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

I wrote:

" By actual test the Google app takes 30 seconds from start
to finish before I can start typing. Google via Safari takes about
8 seconds or a little more."

By implication and common usage "Google via Safari takes about
8 seconds or a little more before I can start typing".

as i said, something is wrong.

launching safari on my original (and comparatively) slow ipad takes
about 1 second, with google searches showing results immediately, as i
type.
Old February 13th 19, 05:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

it;s a wifi problem that if yuo used yuor PC on wifi yuo;d get the same
or similar problem, which you;d also get with any andriod device or ANY
other device on wifi.

My desktop is not wifi.

My iMac can, can't you're PC do wifi ?

It was on wifi but I went to a great deal of trouble to get a Cat6
connection.

cat6 is not required for gigabit.

What's coming next. The cable is built into my house.

your house has cat6 in the walls?

This is not a discussion about what might
be. It's a discussion about what is.

except your 'what is' is broken and you don't want to fix it.

You keep arguing as if I think the problem is in my iPad.

nope. it's also your router.

why in the world would you cripple a gigabit uplink with an outdated
802.11n router????

does it even have gigabit ports? many early n routers did not, since
1x1 can't go that fast.