Lights Out San Francisco

Old October 22nd 07, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Default Lights Out San Francisco

Many of the major landmarks in the city went dark last night & I
captured this before & after sequence:
http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-A...en-gate/pg1pc1

This was inspired by an event in Australia... turn out the lights for an
hour to rais awareness of energy conservation. We're going to try again
in March.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://edgehill.net
Old October 22nd 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr. Strat

In article , Paul Furman
wrote:

Many of the major landmarks in the city went dark last night & I
captured this before & after sequence:
http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-A...en-gate/pg1pc1

This was inspired by an event in Australia... turn out the lights for an
hour to rais awareness of energy conservation. We're going to try again
in March.

Liberals are so cute.
Old October 22nd 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

purrrr twitch
Old October 22nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

captured this before & after sequence:http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-A...golden-gate/pg...

This was inspired by an event in Australia... turn out the lights for an
hour to rais awareness of energy conservation. We're going to try again
in March.

Yes, very impressive. Just like every other North American city.
1950s-style street lights spraying most of their light into the sky,
enegy-consumtive high pressure sodium because the gays don't like the
orange colour of low pressure, efficient sodium lights, office
buildings lit all night, every room, tennis courts with 100,000 watts
of lights empty, on until midnight, auto dealerships with 5000
incandescent bulbs. This "hour with lights out" is PURE B.S., but it
appeals to the sheep.

Nice shot though.

Old October 22nd 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

Mr. Strat wrote:
In article , Paul Furman
wrote:

Many of the major landmarks in the city went dark last night & I
captured this before & after sequence:
http://edgehill.net/California/Bay-A...en-gate/pg1pc1

This was inspired by an event in Australia... turn out the lights for an
hour to rais awareness of energy conservation. We're going to try again
in March.

Liberals are so cute.

Energy use awareness is hardly a "liberal" issue.

Nice series, Paul.

--
john mcwilliams
Old October 22nd 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr. Strat

In article , John
McWilliams wrote:

Energy use awareness is hardly a "liberal" issue.

Nice series, Paul.

San Francisco is the heart of liberalism. Turning out some lights for a
few hours serves no useful purpose. It's symbolism over substance. Why
not float some candles down a river and ring some bells too?
Old October 22nd 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
policy_wonk

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message
In article , John
McWilliams wrote:

Energy use awareness is hardly a "liberal" issue.

Nice series, Paul.

San Francisco is the heart of liberalism. Turning out some lights for a
few hours serves no useful purpose. It's symbolism over substance. Why
not float some candles down a river and ring some bells too?

Terrific inspiration, thank you.
Turned mine off for an hour last night.
Now I feel very good about myself.
I'm a sensitive and caring person, maybe even a little elite now.
And superior to most. I wish there was a colored bracelet that I could now
wear with pride.

Old October 22nd 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank Arthur

"Mr. Strat" wrote in message
In article , John
McWilliams wrote:

Energy use awareness is hardly a "liberal" issue.

Nice series, Paul.

San Francisco is the heart of liberalism. Turning out some lights
for a
few hours serves no useful purpose. It's symbolism over substance.
Why
not float some candles down a river and ring some bells too?

It takes a "real American" to be devisive- eh Strat? The Western
forest fires and the permanent
loss of nearly 50% of the of the burnt land and the severe drought in
half of Georgia are all
"liberal" issues- eh Strat?

Old October 22nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

policy_wonk wrote:
"Mr. Strat" wrote in message
In article , John
McWilliams wrote:

Energy use awareness is hardly a "liberal" issue.

Nice series, Paul.

San Francisco is the heart of liberalism. Turning out some lights for a
few hours serves no useful purpose. It's symbolism over substance. Why
not float some candles down a river and ring some bells too?

Terrific inspiration, thank you.
Turned mine off for an hour last night.
Now I feel very good about myself.
I'm a sensitive and caring person, maybe even a little elite now.
And superior to most. I wish there was a colored bracelet that I could now
wear with pride.

Send $35 to me, and I'll get one out to you asap.

--
john mcwilliams

Coach: "Are you just ignorant, or merely apathetic?"
Player: "Coach, I don't know, and I don't care."
Old October 22nd 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mr. Strat

In article , Frank Arthur
wrote:

It takes a "real American" to be devisive- eh Strat? The Western
forest fires and the permanent
loss of nearly 50% of the of the burnt land and the severe drought in
half of Georgia are all
"liberal" issues- eh Strat?

The fires in Southern California right now are a result of the greeners
not allowing crews to go in and thin dead trees and debris. But then,
if you're stupid enough to build your house on the edge of a cliff,
you've got more than fires to worry about.