OT(...or perhaps not): My Position on David B. OT Flame War Posts.

Old August 17th 17, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default OT(...or perhaps not): My Position on David B. OT Flame War Posts.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 07:57:25 -0700, Bill W
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:21:12 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 15:37:57 -0700, Bill W
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 10:22:16 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 13:18:22 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

--- snip ---

Are you using Agent on Win
10? On my Win10 machine Thunderbird has screwed up the threads, to a
point that the only way I can see what was originally written, is to
reply. Then the original message appears.

I am, and it works same as always.

Going back in time a bit, remember when we were discussing if Forte
went out of business? You said that you had sent an email to customer
support, and were waiting for a reply. Did you eve get a reply? I
never got mine.

No, I did not. But then my question was of little importance.

Whether they answered is of some importance. I don't think they really
exist anymore.

I subscribe to Agent's news.forteinc.com and I have just discovered
that I don't seem to have recently received a bill. This is usually
received and paid automatically, without thought from myself. I must

Eric Stevens
Old August 17th 17, 11:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 16:15:58 +0100, "David B."
wrote:

On 17/08/2017 15:49, Mayayana declared (in error)

Just plain text conversation.

You should, perhaps, explore he- http://usenetor.net/

But how many of those are active?

And how many of them are harmful to the user?

Are you, perhaps, changing into a grumpy old man?!!! ;-)

Eric Stevens
Old August 17th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:28:30 +1000, Noons
wrote:

On 16/08/2017 11:24 @wiz, -hh wrote:

I believe his point is that Google Groups is one of the more common
user access points for USENET today, so if Google pulls the plug on
GG, then USENET traffic will take a big (possibly 'fatal') hit.

Bingo. And the only place where the old dejanews archive has found a
hiding. Take that away and the little remaining value of the Usenet
drops out the window.

Google's management of Dejanews stopped being useful years ago.

Eric Stevens
Old August 17th 17, 11:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

[...]

I canceled mine a few months ago, and it was canceled shortly after,
but I never got any response. I wonder if it was canceled
automatically, possibly like yours, and my cancellation request had
nothing to do with it.

Remember, I emailed them a few times, with one email directly asking
if they were still in business, and never got a reply to that either.

I switched to Eternal September, and it's been fine. And free.
Old August 17th 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 17/08/2017 23:27, Bill W wrote:
I switched to Eternal September, and it's been fine. And free.

Sadly, few Binaries allowed there. The site owner has only ONE
connection on LinkedIn. To me, that is suspicious. There's no such thing
as a free lunch .... IS there? ;-)

I've found BlockNews to be VERY cost effective.

Details, he http://www.blocknews.net/

I have NO vested interest in the provider.

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."
Old August 18th 17, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Savageduck
news.com Wed, 16
Aug 2017 02:31:40 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

To the regular r.p.d. subscribers, and those who lurk.

I have reached my breaking point with regard to the intrusive, OT,
polluting, cross posts into r.p.d.. The action I am moved to take
(for myself) is to write several filters, which have cleaned up
things in both of my Usenet clients. The following subject lines
(threads) and an NG specific filter for some individuals are
active, killing them, and cleaning up my view of r.p.d.
considerably.

How quickly you've decided that David is becoming a bit of a pain for
your newsgroup. Not too long ago you were patting him on the back and
suggesting that I was the 'bad guy'; except that I'm not. I'm just
one of his stalking victims who wouldn't just take it without giving
him a healthy dose of his own medicine.

For now I have just flagged David’s non-BS posts so his legit
posts remain, but that is subject to change.

What legit posts? Oh, wait, you still think he's interested in
getting to know you and the rest of the regulars. You're partially
correct. But, it's not for the reasons you seem to think. He's
sorting out who knows techie stuff and who doesn't. Those of you who
do, he will make efforts to recruit you to come after others he's
already ****ed off. Stick to the rivers and lakes you're used to,
don't join in a fight that isn't yours. David started the problems he
has, David can sort them out. Peace has been offered to him several
times.

He knows how to bring an end to this. it's quite simple. STOP
STALKING people and taking copies of their things and posting them
elsewhere without their permission. One would think several of you
would have an issue with that, as some of you may be professional
photographers? He chooses to continue stalking as well as pirating
(copyright infringing) others work. So, your loyalty is misplaced, at
best. He'd much rather continue with his nonsense and inconvenience
you and your newsgroup, instead. Get a clue, he's not the nice guy
you think he is.

The Filters:
Assholes/and others lured to r.p.d. by David B.
(there are currently 9 individuals and several variations of their
ID where they have changed in their short history in r.p.d.)

We're not the assholes here. David Brooks is the stalking asshole.

http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

Don't just stand there...KNEEL!!
Old August 20th 17, 10:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 18/08/2017 23:21, Diesel wrote:
The Filters:
Assholes/and others lured to r.p.d. by David B.
(there are currently 9 individuals and several variations of their
ID where they have changed in their short history in r.p.d.)

We're not the assholes here.

Yes you are, Dustin!

Leave this group alone.

--
David B.
Old August 22nd 17, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

"David B." news:EUcmB.334294
Sun, 20 Aug 2017 09:47:16 GMT in
rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 18/08/2017 23:21, Diesel wrote:
The Filters:
Assholes/and others lured to r.p.d. by David B.
(there are currently 9 individuals and several variations of

their
ID where they have changed in their short history in r.p.d.)

We're not the assholes here.

Yes you are, Dustin!

By no means am I the stalking, copyright infringing asshole here
David. That's entirely on you. I haven't observed anyone else
actually attempt to stalk another poster, aside from the wannabe
cyberdick hh. I don't fault him that much though, you dangled a
carrot in front of him and he assumed he knows alot more about I.T
than he actually does. He couldn't hold a candle to me on his best
day, so I understand the frustration. Especially after he assumed I
was just some joe. [g] I've likely got code older than his military
career, but, I digress.

Leave this group alone.

Sorry, but, You invited me to participate when you attempted to
solicit various regular posters to this newsgroup to help you stalk
me. I'm not just going to leave because you demand that I do so.
Perhaps, if you ask very nicely, I'll consider it? :-)

http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

I is a college student.