Update on my FF foray

Old August 13th 17, 06:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Update on my FF foray

In article , Paul Carmichael
wrote:

I've even got a Wacom tablet on this desk that's never
been used.

then you can remove it to make space for your new computer.
Old August 14th 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/13/2017 1:33 PM, Paul Carmichael wrote:
El 13/08/17 a las 18:03, Savageduck escribió:
On Aug 13, 2017, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article ):

I've downloaded the 64 bit version of 13 for the new box. Whether I
update
that is another matter. I really don't remember the last time I used
Elements.

Does that mean you have had PSE for some time?

Well, a few years. I've even got a Wacom tablet on this desk that's
never been used.

All I've ever done with photo-editing is remove telegraph poles etc.

I wouldn't be without my Wacom.

But I like to turn photos into paintings. I could lose an ear for this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b18acq6ht9n28w4/20170813_Flowers_4422.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old August 14th 17, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 14/08/2017 02:59, PeterN wrote:
On 8/13/2017 1:33 PM, Paul Carmichael wrote:
El 13/08/17 a las 18:03, Savageduck escribió:
On Aug 13, 2017, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article ):

I've downloaded the 64 bit version of 13 for the new box. Whether I
update
that is another matter. I really don't remember the last time I used
Elements.

Does that mean you have had PSE for some time?

Well, a few years. I've even got a Wacom tablet on this desk that's
never been used.

All I've ever done with photo-editing is remove telegraph poles etc.

I wouldn't be without my Wacom.

But I like to turn photos into paintings. I could lose an ear for this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b18acq6ht9n28w4/20170813_Flowers_4422.jpg?dl=0

I really LIKE that! :-)

10/10

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."
Old August 14th 17, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Paul Carmichael
wrote:

...or a week long conversion to 64 bit.

week long conversion?? wtf are you doing? is that while heavily
intoxicated?

Sounds quick if you're talking about putting a new OS on a PC ;-)

A work PC at that.

why would you have an outdated and obsolete system at work?
Old August 14th 17, 06:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 14/08/2017 16:59, nospam wrote:
In article , Paul Carmichael
wrote:

...or a week long conversion to 64 bit.

week long conversion?? wtf are you doing? is that while heavily
intoxicated?

Sounds quick if you're talking about putting a new OS on a PC ;-)

A work PC at that.

why would you have an outdated and obsolete system at work?

FYI ....

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/still-...prepare-worst/

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."
Old August 15th 17, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Paul Carmichael
wrote:

So yes, a mini tower with dual head graphics card, a 15 euro kvm for the
usb and keyboard
transponder and job done :-)

Unfortunately, a 15 euro kvm doesn't try to bull**** windows into thinking
there's still a
device connected when switched over to the other box, so every time it's
switched back and
forth, the mouse and keyboard get re-enumerated, so settings revert to
default (namely,
wake from hibernate). Bit of a pain, but I'll just have to live with it.

why would anyone put up with that ****?

I haven't ordered a graphics card yet - does anybody (clued up, not
schoolkids) know if
the adobe stuff will work ok with on-board graphics?

adobe has a list of what works and what doesn't.
Old August 18th 17, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Paul Carmichael
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 16:35:10 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On 11/08/17 18:09, nospam wrote:
In article , Paul Carmichael
wrote:

...or a week long conversion to 64 bit.

week long conversion?? wtf are you doing? is that while heavily
intoxicated?

Like I've stated elsewhere, it's got a lot of stuff on it that
would all have to be installed from scratch. I'd have to find all
the original install programs etc. And probably contact vendors
about licences etc.

That machine does have capacity for
8GB. Problem
is, my stuff is cobbled together over the years and there's a
good chance that half my hardware won't be supported.

sounds like it's time to buy a new computer.

keep the old one as-is and use it for the old legacy stuff.

If I had the space, I'd just get a new PC for photographic stuff.
But there are already 4 big monitors on this desk.

Considered a KVM?

http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

He who laughs last probably made a backup.
Old August 18th 17, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Paul Carmichael
Sat, 12 Aug 2017 11:25:47 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

El 08/08/17 a las 18:52, Paul Carmichael escribió:
On 08/08/17 18:12, nospam wrote:

why are you still using 32 bit??

I don't use anything that needs to address huge amounts of
memory. And I don't relish the thought of starting from scratch
with everything. I have all my translation stuff and what not on
the Windows box. Wouldn't want to risk breaking that.

Just noticed my laptop is 64 bit, but that's a bit pants. I
thought about another PC but I already have 4 big monitors on
this desk. No room for any more. Bigger desk maybe...

Another idea:

http://tinyurl.com/yam8kl59 (dual monitor kvm)

Anybody here had any experience of one of these? We used to use
single monitor ones back in my programming days (I had about 8 PCs
on and around my desk).

Yes. Not that one specifically, though. I typically used 4 and 8 pc
supported versions.

http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

CONGRESS.SYS corrupted: reboot Washington DC (Y/n)?
Old August 18th 17, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Paul Carmichael
Fri, 18 Aug 2017 11:03:32 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

El 18/08/17 a las 06:17, Diesel escribió:
Paul Carmichael
Fri, 11 Aug 2017 16:35:10
GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

If I had the space, I'd just get a new PC for photographic
stuff. But there are already 4 big monitors on this desk.

Considered a KVM?

That's the trouble with diving into a thread and posting without
having read the whole thread :-)

My client shows me the thread in the order (it's best guess anyhow)
the posts were created. Obviously I did read further into the thread
and provided my 2cents concerning KVM switches. [g]

What I should have done was cancel that post in the outbound que,
instead. I usually review the que before it goes 'live' but,
sometimes, I just let it fly. Time constraints, etc. What some people
call 'real life'. LOL

http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

'Integrity has no need for rules' - Albert Camus