This amazing wilderness timelapse of Canada took 6 weeks to shoot and 9 months to edit

Old January 24th 18, 07:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default This amazing wilderness timelapse of Canada took 6 weeks to shoot and 9 months to edit

https://www.diyphotography.net/amazi...canada-took-6-
weeks-shoot-9-months-edit

"Every once in a while, a timelapse comes along that just takes
your breath away. You could take almost any frame from such films
and it stands up on its own as a still photography. Alive, by
German filmmaker Florian “Flo” Nick, is one such timelapse
film. It was shot over 5,500km travelled in six weeks exploring the
vast landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. And it’s is
absolutely beautiful."

--
Sandman
Old January 24th 18, 07:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jan 23, 2018, Sandman wrote
(in ):

https://www.diyphotography.net/amazi...da-took-6-week
s-shoot-9-months-edit

Impressive work!

Savageduck

Old January 24th 18, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 24/01/2018 10:08, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 06:24:51 UTC, Sandman wrote:
https://www.diyphotography.net/amazi...canada-took-6-
weeks-shoot-9-months-edit

"Every once in a while, a timelapse comes along that just takes
your breath away. You could take almost any frame from such films
and it stands up on its own as a still photography. Alive, by
German filmmaker Florian “Flo” Nick, is one such timelapse
film. It was shot over 5,500km travelled in six weeks exploring the
vast landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. And it’s is
absolutely beautiful."

--
Sandman

As yet I've not been able to find out what process i.e software he used for this, plenty of info on what cameras and lenses, maybe I've missed it.

Do any of the comments under the video provide the information you seek,
Dave?

https://vimeo.com/251646742

I thought the film truly amazing and showed viewers what an awesome
place is Canada.

The film *maker* has done a splendid job - in my opinion! :-)

--
David B.
Old January 24th 18, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-01-24 10:08:24 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 06:24:51 UTC, Sandman wrote:
https://www.diyphotography.net/amazi...canada-took-6-
weeks-shoot-9-months-edit

"Every once in a while, a timelapse comes along that just takes
your breath away. You could take almost any frame from such films
and it stands up on its own as a still photography. Alive, by
German filmmaker Florian “Flo” Nick, is one such timelapse
film. It was shot over 5,500km travelled in six weeks exploring the
vast landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. And it’s is
absolutely beautiful."

--
Sandman

As yet I've not been able to find out what process i.e software he used
for this, plenty of info on what cameras and lenses, maybe I've missed
it.

Beneath the fourth slide:

"For the footage, Flo used his Sony A7SII along with Canon 16-35mm f/4
and Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 lenses. For the night shots, he also used a
Pentax-X 50mm f/1.7 and 100mm f/2.8.* He says that motion*control
camera movement was done using the eMotimo Spectrum ST4*and ifootage
Shark slider"
--
teleportation kills

Old January 24th 18, 03:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 11:57:25 UTC, android wrote:
On 2018-01-24 10:08:24 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

[...]

No not really that just list what he used over the 6 weeks to capture
the images.

Oki... I kind of deleted my reply to your post within minutes after posting...

"Alive took 9 months for Flo to create once he got back home with all
the images."

So 6 weeks to capture the images and 9 months to edit them, I doubt he
was using a slow compter perhaps he used a phone to edit them together
this is what I was wondering about as it took 9 months.

So much more time was spent putting the images together than taking them.

which is unusual, well from what I usually watch timescale wise.

A picture usually takes 1/125s to capture so 50000 slides would have
taken him 6 min and 40 sec to capture... 9 months of editing! :-ppp

Such as wildlife programs where cameramen spend months getting enough
footage for a 2 mins shot.

He used LRTimelapse, I was wondering whether he used Mac Windows or linux.
So I was just wondering what takes 9 months was it processing or
deciding what images comes next.

So you knew that already!
--
teleportation kills

Old January 24th 18, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-01-24 10:08:24 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

[...]

No, he said that took him 6 weeks not 6 mins.

He took 50000 slides and a slide is about 1/125s of exposure. So the
time it took him to capture whatever was 50000/125s and that equals 6
minutes and 40 seconds! Me mum had deeep concerns 'bout the English
educational system. She was a teacher of sorts...

9 months of editing! :-ppp

A bit like being pregnant, one of my ex flatmates was called Flo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVdctus20c8

Such as wildlife programs where cameramen spend months getting enough
footage for a 2 mins shot.

He used LRTimelapse, I was wondering whether he used Mac Windows or linux.
So I was just wondering what takes 9 months was it processing or
deciding what images comes next.

So you knew that already!

Yes but not which platform and perhaps why.

--
teleportation kills

Old January 24th 18, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 1/24/2018 1:24 AM, Sandman wrote:
https://www.diyphotography.net/amazi...canada-took-6-
weeks-shoot-9-months-edit

"Every once in a while, a timelapse comes along that just takes
your breath away. You could take almost any frame from such films
and it stands up on its own as a still photography. Alive, by
German filmmaker Florian “Flo” Nick, is one such timelapse
film. It was shot over 5,500km travelled in six weeks exploring the
vast landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. And it’s is
absolutely beautiful."

Fascinating and well done. thanks for posting.

--
PeterN
Old January 24th 18, 08:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 1/24/2018 5:08 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 24 January 2018 06:24:51 UTC, Sandman wrote:
https://www.diyphotography.net/amazi...canada-took-6-
weeks-shoot-9-months-edit

"Every once in a while, a timelapse comes along that just takes
your breath away. You could take almost any frame from such films
and it stands up on its own as a still photography. Alive, by
German filmmaker Florian “Flo” Nick, is one such timelapse
film. It was shot over 5,500km travelled in six weeks exploring the
vast landscapes of Alberta and British Columbia. And it’s is
absolutely beautiful."

--
Sandman

As yet I've not been able to find out what process i.e software he used for this, plenty of info on what cameras and lenses, maybe I've missed it.

The main processes are imagination and skill.

--
PeterN

Old January 24th 18, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 1/24/2018 11:35 AM, android wrote:

Me mum had deeep concerns 'bout the English
educational system. She was a teacher of sorts...

She taught Lightroom? ;-)

--
PeterN