ThumbsPlus and an "ORIENTATION" flag in Jpeg photos ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th 04, 07:26 PM
QuienEs

Thanks Mikey, for your help. I configured another instance of Agent,
for news.cerious.com and searched all the headers for
{ROTATE} | {ORIENTATION} and have a lot of reading to do.

At first blush, it looks like the feature has been implemented in one
or more recent releases, and that it is causing problems for some
users because their cameras don't do the EXIF tag/flag correctly.

Anyway, the charm was you suggesting the right word "rotate",
that gets me much more reading material.

Cheers, QE
================

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 14:11:54 GMT, "Mike Fields"
wrote:

|Just looked at the Thumbs Plus web page and couldn't find what I
|was looking for, but I seem to remember that the new version 7
|(I have not downloaded my copy yet) supports the "rotation flag"
|or maybe it is called an "orientation flag" -- something like that
|in the EXIF header on JPEG pictures. Some cameras create
|this flag to tell the orientation of the camera when the picture
|was taken ... I don't have a clue what it does if you are shooting
|straight up .. maybe it just does not matter. I seem to remember that
|from earlier emails on the new features in version 7. You might
|also want to check out the Thumbs Plus newsgroups from
|Cerious -- they have their own news server for their support.
|-- the server is news.cerious.com and there are several support
|groups with lots of good info in them.
|
|mikey

.. .