3, 4, 5, 8 MP 8x10 printout comparison - Long

Old August 26th 04, 06:08 PM
jpc

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:37:34 -0700, "Frank ess"
wrote:

jpc wrote:
snippage has occurred

The next to the last step in my workflow--before sharpening--is to
soft proof the image, sometimes lighten things up with a touch of the
curses tool, and then convert the image to the Fugi's Crystal Archive
matte or glossy ICC profile. In some prints--those with large blocks
of the primary colors-- you may not see a differences. But with images
where you have, say, red tones shifting into yellow tones, you end up
with more accurate colors..

Strange. Most of my curses use is post-printing...

Heh.

Right. I've been cursed with a mind that doesn't know the differences
between curses and curves. Not that some things with curves have led
to some muttered- curses.

jpc

Old August 27th 04, 12:40 AM
BenOne©

Jem Raid wrote:

Very good indeed, if this was a forum then this should be a 'sticky' always
at the top.

Do we have a FAQ that we could add it to?

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

Old August 27th 04, 11:46 PM
mark_digital

"bob" wrote in message =
. ..
Understandable. Are you a recent convert to digital?
mark_
=20

Not really. I've had digital cameras for three years, but before that I=20
used them at work, and for nearly 10 years I've been working with =
digital =20
images through scanning.

Conceeding to your point (just a little ;-) It would be really fun to =
have=20
one of those Sony cameras with the built in IR illuminators, but I don't =

feel like parting with the money just for that one feature.

Bob
--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
The pattern it creates reminds of the movie Predator.
Whenever we went on vacation I would take along
a laptop because the cards filled quickly. Today I
manage without the laptop and with just one 512
compact flash card. We enjoy moving about from
one B&B to another so the less we have to unpack
and then repack is good.
If you're interested here's a link to a on-line album
of our most recent trip. My wife snapped about 100
shots but I narrowed it down to just a few images
from one event.
Take care.
mark_
http://members1.clubphoto.com/mark9555/guest-1.phtml