institutes / laboratories analysis of photo materials

Old March 5th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default institutes / laboratories analysis of photo materials

Hi everyone,

I work in a photographic archive, the archive contains approximately
50000 B/N microfilms, and approximately 20000 13x18 cm color slides.
Are there research institutes or laboratories providing analysis of
photographic materials ? I need to know which are the precise causes
of deterioration of my photographic materials.

Thanks in advance for any information.
....and sorry for my english...

Old March 6th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Richard Knoppow

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi everyone,

I work in a photographic archive, the archive contains
approximately
50000 B/N microfilms, and approximately 20000 13x18 cm
color slides.
Are there research institutes or laboratories providing
analysis of
photographic materials ? I need to know which are the
precise causes
of deterioration of my photographic materials.

Thanks in advance for any information.
...and sorry for my english...

Try the Image Permanence Institute of the Rochester
Institute of Technology: www.imagepermanenceinstitute.org

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old March 7th 07, 02:45 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
darkroommike

Google Henry Wilhelm he's made studying the permanence of
photographic materials his life's work. He has a website
and has published a book or two on the subject.

darkroommike

Old March 8th 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
JJ

http://www.wilhelm-research.com/

http://www.loc.gov/preserv/care/photolea.html

http://preserve.harvard.edu/standard...ermanence.html

and more
Old March 10th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On Mar 5, 1:49 pm, wrote:
Hi everyone,

I work in a photographic archive, the archive contains approximately
50000 B/N microfilms, and approximately 20000 13x18 cm color slides.
Are there research institutes or laboratories providing analysis of
photographic materials ? I need to know which are the precise
causes of deterioration of my photographic materials.

Thanks in advance for any information.

B/N microfilms, 50,000 and 20,000 5x7 color slides. That is
some unusual collection. Dan

Old March 10th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 16:34:09 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

And 13x18 isn't the same as 5x7.

Close enough.

13cm = 5.11"
18cm = 7.08"

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net
Old March 10th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

John spake thus:

wrote:

And 13x18 isn't the same as 5x7.

Close enough.

13cm = 5.11"
18cm = 7.08"

Hmm, guess you're right. Less of a difference than between 9x12 & 4x5.

you're curious but don't really care about the quality of your knowledge.

- Matthew White's WikiWatch (http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)