Chroma Key Background Image?

Old April 9th 05, 09:19 PM
Monk

Default Chroma Key Background Image?

Is there any software that will remove a background image from a
video?

I have a video of a subject against a background scene (not single
colour so simple colour removal won't work). I have another picture of
the same background scene without the foreground subject. I want to
subtract the background image from the video, i.e. compare each frame
of the video with the still picture and remove all portions of the
video that correspond with the picture.

That way I will be left with just the foreground subject, which I can
transpant against a different background image, e.g. using Adobe After
Effects.

Is this possible and if so, which software will do it?
Old April 9th 05, 09:34 PM
Mxsmanic

Monk writes:

Is there any software that will remove a background image from a
video?

Extensis MaskPro and Corel KnockOut come to mind. There are also more
expensive packages like Ultimatte. Some will remove anything (like the
first two) with variable degrees of accuracy; others are designed
specifically for use with green-screen or blue-screen backgrounds.

Old April 10th 05, 07:49 PM
Big Bill

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:34:42 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Monk writes:

Is there any software that will remove a background image from a
video?

Extensis MaskPro and Corel KnockOut come to mind.

In video?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old April 10th 05, 08:04 PM
Mxsmanic

Big Bill writes:

In video?

I don't know. Ultimatte might do it. I never do video.

Old April 10th 05, 08:04 PM
Mxsmanic