10d soft images

Old June 27th 04, 10:04 AM
Giorgio Preddio

Default 10d soft images

Mark Spacey wrote in message ...

after a year I have reached the conclusion the images out of my 10d are
just too soft, tried playing with the in camera sharpening and after
market programs such as photo shop ce, tried several lenses including 50
mm 1.4 and a 17-35 l usm and still the images lack that film like
zing,the camera is absolute ****e for anything other than snapshots of
the kids I personally think that canon made a severe mistake in over
softening the 10d images, given comparison to the razor sharp istd that
my freind purchased the pentax makes my d10 look like a doorstop and the
new Nikon d70 makes the 10d looks like a expensive mistake to me, if I
wanted soft smooth images I would have put bloody cling film over the
lenses, when canon replace the d10 they must go for razor sharpness with
a softening option on the menu or risk loosing out to the other
manufactures who are more on the ball, if you are thinking of buying the
10 d then my advice is test the others first first !
if you want soft images buy the d70 and a roll of cling film
do not believe those who defend the 10d just because they have one !

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard the complaint about soft
images from Canon owners, I'd be able to retire from my professional
photography/teaching career.

Look into the Sigma SD10. It is probably best if you start out with a
brand new system. The Canon EOS platform is going downhill. Their
quality control is getting worst by the week. Sample variation is at
an all time high inconsistency level. Put your money into the cutting
edge of digital photography. Buy a Sigma SD10 body and a few good
Sigma lenses to start. You couldn't buy a better camera in terms of
build, image quality, resolution, color accuracy, software, and
advanced features. And you won't need to spend the extra money on
those Canon IS lenses because this feature is already built into all
Sigma bodies.

I currently own a total of 5 Sigma DSLR bodies, 14 Sigma lenses, and a
Sigma film body too. The build, resolution, features, image quality,
and software are all superior to any Canon product I have ever owned,
including the highly overrated 1Ds. And with the Sigma,
exposure/metering is always *DEAD ON BALLS* accurate!
Old June 27th 04, 01:43 PM
DJ

On 27 Jun 2004 02:04:27 -0700, (Giorgio Preddio)
wrote:

[...]

Yes, you might even have time to post some of your own work.
snip crap
Old June 27th 04, 03:05 PM
Alan D-W

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
m...
Mark Spacey wrote in message

I currently own a total of 5 Sigma DSLR bodies, 14 Sigma lenses, and a

It was 4 bodies yesterday.

You probably have a $7.99 gas station special P&S in reality.

Old June 27th 04, 04:01 PM
John J

[...]

Lovely, I quite enjoyed reading that bit of fantasy.
JJ

Old June 27th 04, 04:02 PM
Skip M

"Alan D-W" wrote in message

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
m...
Mark Spacey wrote in message

I currently own a total of 5 Sigma DSLR bodies, 14 Sigma lenses, and a

It was 4 bodies yesterday.

You probably have a $7.99 gas station special P&S in reality.

I wonder if he'd mind listing the lenses he has, by his claim, he owns
nearly 1/3 of the total lenses listed by Sigma for the SA mount.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old June 27th 04, 05:25 PM
Darrell Larose

Look into the Sigma SD10. It is probably best if you start out with a
brand new system. The Canon EOS platform is going downhill. Their
quality control is getting worst by the week.

click your heels together 3 times to go hoeme...

Old June 27th 04, 06:24 PM
grant kinsley

Preddio) wrote:

[...]

That's because 1 nickel is substantially more than your photographic
career has netted you.

GK
Old June 27th 04, 06:45 PM
Tony Spadaro

Giorgio is lying. He owns no camera and has no knowledge of photography.
Sigma cameras are dead end crap.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old June 27th 04, 10:41 PM
Alan D-W

"Giorgio Preddio" wrote in message
om...

It was 4 bodies yesterday.

Repeating yourself, Alan?

4 SD10 bodies + 1 SD9 = 5

I can understand why that calculation may have been too challenging for

you.

Absolutely, sg10.3. But I'm not an important professor or hard core porn
photographer.