mirror lockup on 300D

Old October 19th 04, 07:15 AM
andre

Default mirror lockup on 300D

I have recently installed the Hacked Firmware on my EOS 300D (version
b71). The flash exposure compensation and the ISO 3200 work very well.
The mirror lockup does not seem to have any effect. I have enabled it in
the custom menu but I do not see any difference when shooting. I was
expecting a time delay according to whatever I have set as the mirror
lockup time. Am I doing something wrong? Is this not how this feature
works? According to the release notes on this firmware version it is
supposed to work. I would really love to have this feature since I do
lots of night shots.

The second problem I am having is that the AF Servo does not seem to
work very well. Although I can track moving subjects and the camera
always keeps focus I can not take a shot when I press the button fully.
The camera does not release. Again, am I doing anything wrong there?

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Andre
--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com
Old October 19th 04, 03:42 PM
David Hearn

andre wrote:
andre wrote:
[...]

Well i figured the mirror lockup out. Finally. Too bad I didn't know
what I know now last weekend. For those of you who ran into the same
problems, the cam has to be in single shot mode. I usually keep mine
in continious.

Yes, this 'feature' allows most people to leave MLU (mirror lock up) turned
on - and when they need it, they switch to single shot mode. When they
don't want it, they'll switch to continuous mode.

David