A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Digital Photography » Digital Photography
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old January 7th 20, 11:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Yes, we know they still dominate professional photography, no question. But
Canon's recent release of a $6000, 2kg pro model is probably going to be the
last of that type. Nikon is releasing the D780 which is a replacement for
the D750 which was a poor man's replacement for the truly Pro D700. Either
one of these could be seen as the last of their class, in my opinion. Canon
needs to up its mirrorless game as does Nikon to finally nail the DSLR coffin
shut.


thereby killing all the pros.
  #2  
Old January 8th 20, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bud Spencer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020, nospam wrote:

thereby killing all the pros.


Elaborate!

How are "all the pros" alive today and why would they be killed?

Adapting to new situations would be part of being "pro" in my book ... but
I might be completely wrong about this. It might be the ability to whine
about all the things not happened yet ... who know?


/
Bud
/

a1=S0
b1=[1..2,'L0L']
a2=2*a1
a3=S1.4#b1
a4=(a2,a3)
a5=64*a4
  #3  
Old January 8th 20, 09:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article
[email protected] liukuma.net, Bud
Spencer wrote:


thereby killing all the pros.


Elaborate!

How are "all the pros" alive today and why would they be killed?


read the post to which i responded.
  #4  
Old January 8th 20, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bud Spencer
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, nospam wrote:

read the post to which i responded.


Just like when you go tp the toilet and wonder "here it should be ...
where is it?" while franticly hunt for the leaky bit ... which cannot be
found.

Once again you are just so full of your sameolsameol ...

But don't worry. It's ok to wet your pants once in a while, you are not
judged ...


/
Bud
/

a1=S0
b1=[1..2,'L0L']
a2=2*a1
a3=S1.4#b1
a4=(a2,a3)
a5=64*a4
  #5  
Old January 8th 20, 06:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article
[email protected] liukuma.net, Bud
Spencer wrote:


read the post to which i responded.


Just like when you go tp the toilet and wonder "here it should be ...
where is it?" while franticly hunt for the leaky bit ... which cannot be
found.

Once again you are just so full of your sameolsameol ...

But don't worry. It's ok to wet your pants once in a while, you are not
judged ...


that would be you.

there was *no* ambiguity as to what was meant.
  #6  
Old January 9th 20, 02:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24,165
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article , Incubus
wrote:

Yes, we know they still dominate professional photography, no question.
But
Canon's recent release of a $6000, 2kg pro model is probably going to be
the
last of that type. Nikon is releasing the D780 which is a replacement for
the D750 which was a poor man's replacement for the truly Pro D700. Either
one of these could be seen as the last of their class, in my opinion.
Canon
needs to up its mirrorless game as does Nikon to finally nail the DSLR
coffin
shut.


thereby killing all the pros.


Even as a non-professional, the optical viewfinder is a huge advantage for me.
Even though modern EVFs have less lag, I like to keep one eye in the
viewfinder
and one eye tracking what is about to come into view when I am shooting
anything remotely action oriented. An EVF would be worse than useless for me.
That is just one of the benefits of a DSLR.


you could easily do that using an evf without any issue whatsoever.

the problem with evf is latency. while it's quite good, it will never
be as good as optical. simple physics.
  #7  
Old January 9th 20, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
danny burstein
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 7
Default DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In nospam writes:

[snip]

Even though modern EVFs have less lag, I like to keep one eye in the
viewfinder
and one eye tracking what is about to come into view when I am shooting
anything remotely action oriented. An EVF would be worse than useless for me.
That is just one of the benefits of a DSLR.


you could easily do that using an evf without any issue whatsoever.


the problem with evf is latency. while it's quite good, it will never
be as good as optical. simple physics.


On the other paw, there's a built in time delay factor involved
with swinging the mirror out of the way.

--
__________________________________________________ ___
Knowledge may be power, but communications is the key

[to foil spammers, my address has been double rot-13 encoded]
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DSLR death coming? [email protected] Digital Photography 35 July 4th 19 01:58 PM
Death of the DSLR-TROLLS Neil Harrington[_5_] Digital Photography 0 September 6th 10 05:06 PM
Death of the DSLR-TROLLS Alan Browne Digital Photography 0 September 4th 10 05:35 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 PhotoBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.