One area film has it over digital

Old March 23rd 12, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default One area film has it over digital

On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:
Rendering of dark areas. This is a shot from Dpreview's new gallery
of pre-production test images from the Canon 5DIII. 3200 ISO. I
raised the illumination level 25% beyond theirs. Look at the black
background. Film doesn't produce that ugly, mottled effect. It
simply goes black, which means all the silver/die simply washed away
leaving the base of the film.

http://www.pbase.com/image/142252110

Image is not public.

I said I didn't know."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old March 24th 12, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 23, 4:31*pm, Alan Browne
On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:

Rendering of dark areas. *This is a shot from Dpreview's new gallery
of pre-production test images from the Canon 5DIII. *3200 ISO. *I
raised the illumination level 25% beyond theirs. *Look at the black
background. *Film doesn't produce that ugly, mottled effect. *It
simply goes black, which means all the silver/die simply washed away
leaving the base of the film.

http://www.pbase.com/image/142252110

Image is not public.

A minor intrusion into their copyright domain to illustrate something,
providing them will full credit for the image. Go report me for it, I
dare you. When they email me to take it down, I will. Your position
as wizened old net-nanny will be secure.

Hey Rich!
We can't see this fine image. I get a pbase dialog which states the following:
"You must enter a password to view this image."

Savageduck

Old March 24th 12, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Savageduck wrote in

On Mar 23, 4:31*pm, Alan Browne
On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:

Rendering of dark areas. *This is a shot from Dpreview's new
gallery of pre-production test images from the Canon 5DIII. *3200
ISO. *I raised the illumination level 25% beyond theirs. *Look at
the black background. *Film doesn't produce that ugly, mottled
effect. *It simply goes black, which means all the silver/die
simply washed away leaving the base of the film.

http://www.pbase.com/image/142252110

Image is not public.

A minor intrusion into their copyright domain to illustrate
something, providing them will full credit for the image. Go report
me for it, I dare you. When they email me to take it down, I will.
Your position as wizened old net-nanny will be secure.

Hey Rich!
We can't see this fine image. I get a pbase dialog which states the
following: "You must enter a password to view this image."

Apologies. Try it now.
Old March 24th 12, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Savageduck wrote in

On Mar 23, 4:31*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:

[...]

Not from that url. I get to your galleries and can view them by
clicking on the "all galleries" link, but that specific url still
demands a password.

Savageduck

Old March 24th 12, 06:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Savageduck wrote in

On Mar 23, 4:31*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:

[...]

Your "Misc images" gallery is password protected.

Savageduck

Old March 25th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Savageduck wrote in

On 2012-03-23 22:38:19 -0700, Savageduck

Savageduck wrote in

On Mar 23, 4:31*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:

[...]

Should be fixed now. Pbase looks nice, but it's kind of old when it
comes to things like uploading, configuring.
Old March 25th 12, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-03-24 18:47:26 -0700, Rich said:

Savageduck wrote in

On 2012-03-23 22:38:19 -0700, Savageduck

Savageduck wrote in

On Mar 23, 4:31*pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
On 2012-03-23 17:10 , RichA wrote:

[...]

It is fixed now.

On to the image.
WTF! For a moment there I thought you might have been using my old Nikon 775.

Savageduck