[SI] - Fraud

Old July 12th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
jimkramer

Default [SI] - Fraud

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/fraud

Old July 12th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/fraud

Excellent submissions!
(sorry I didn't meet the challenge, next time)

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old July 12th 08, 02:39 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Stuffed Crust

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/fraud

A few quick comments:

Douglas Macdonald:

I don't get the fraud or deception here; unless one mistakenly thinks
'nature is beautiful therefore it must be kind' (silly fluffy
wiccans!) It's quite a sunset though.

Bowser:

My first thought was 'yeah, patriotism and flag-waving usually has an
ulterior motive' but I'm a real cynic like that. But no, it's just a
day off. Talk about your petty frauds..

Helen Silverberg:

Oh, those are mannequins! Damn, that's good. And by good I mean
evil. Eeeeeeviiiilll!

Jim Kramer:

Oh, I get it. That's a security camera feed during a bank robbery.
Silly robbers, trying to fool the guards into thinking it's just
a really smoggy morning. Niiice.

My pathetic excuse:

I had four ideas for this mandate, and none of them panned out.

* It's election season, and there are several places where there are
large clusters of campaign signs. Unfortunately they're not
particularly photogenic, not to mention butting up against very
busy intersections, and I wasn't able to come up with a shot
that didn't suck and/or put my life at risk. And no, I'm not going
to risk my neck (literally) for a bunch of campaigning politicians.

* Some folks own a lot of makeup, with a dresser piled high with the
stuff. If that isn't meant to um, 'show the real you', then what
is? Unfortunately my wife isn't one of 'em, and neither are her
friends. So much to that idea.

* A related idea was to go to a drugstore and take a photo of a
shelf full of (blonde) hair products.

* And best of all, last night, at a street party, I happened to
notice a particular woman with a particularly ample bosom. The
immediate thought (once I was able to think again) was "damn, those
are _so_ fake..." Unfortunately she wasn't drunk enough to let me
take a photo of her abundance, and the deadline had passed anyway.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^

Old July 12th 08, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufi[_5_]

"Stuffed Crust" wrote in message

Bowser:

My first thought was 'yeah, patriotism and flag-waving usually has an
ulterior motive' but I'm a real cynic like that. But no, it's just a
day off. Talk about your petty frauds..

It is lame, isn't it? I had nothing for this mandate, except this trash.
Like Jim said when I submitted it: I can't believe the color noise from the
5D!

Old July 12th 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

jimkramer wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/fraud

What's the next mandate?

Missed this one, but started vacation last week ...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old July 12th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default - Fraud

Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 12, 9:39 am, Stuffed Crust wrote:
Douglas Macdonald:

I don't get the fraud or deception here; unless one mistakenly thinks
'nature is beautiful therefore it must be kind' (silly fluffy
wiccans!) It's quite a sunset though.

Just the words "Douglas MacDonald" should have covered it.
His shot was a rather weak attempt at a HDR photo. I'm sure when he
prints it 36" wide on canvas the old ladies at the Cleveland market
will be all over it.

Better than your submission ... unless Jim is generous and lets you
submit something...

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old July 13th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

Helen wrote:
On Jul 13, 11:30 am, Annika1980 wrote:
On Jul 12, 4:21 pm, Alan Browne
wrote:

Douglas Macdonald:
His shot was a rather weak attempt at a HDR photo. I'm sure when
he prints it 36" wide on canvas the old ladies at the Cleveland
market will be all over it.

Better than your submission ... unless Jim is generous and lets
you submit something...

True that. At least D-Mac submitted something. I knew the
internet's #1 scammer would be all over this one. I was kinda
expecting another stepped-on panorama from him, however.

It was a difficult mandate. The closest thing I could have
submitted would have been this archive
shot:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/87515776

Let's just hope that the title of this mandate along with the tiny
amount of entries doesn't say something about the Shoot-In itself.

I thought of that shot too! It's a great example and fits the
Mandate good. I've seen my fair share of characters who claim to
be "good Christians".
I figured you didn't want to submit an archive image like I did. :0(

Thank you for reminding me of that picture. Very eloquent, and only a
little too busy. Don't know how you could have improved it on the
scene, and can't really imagine much that could be done with Foto
Fraud - I mean Photo Shop. Maybe align the left edge with the seminal
document of purported Rectitude.

--
Frank ess

Old July 13th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:

It was a difficult mandate. The closest thing I could have submitted
would have been this archive shot:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/87515776

Perfect. I guess I could have gone with:

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/Re...20PICT5534.jpg

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old July 13th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufí

"Helen" wrote in message
On Jul 12, 9:49 am, "Jufi" wrote:
"Stuffed Crust" wrote in message

Bowser:

My first thought was 'yeah, patriotism and flag-waving usually has an
ulterior motive' but I'm a real cynic like that. But no, it's just a
day off. Talk about your petty frauds..

It is lame, isn't it? I had nothing for this mandate, except this trash.
Like Jim said when I submitted it: I can't believe the color noise from
the
5D!

Not lame at all. I liked it. The confetti, the lighting, the flags
waving and all those people enjoying themselves. It made the viewer
really feel the excitement of the 4th of July celebration.
Helen

Thanks. It's a shot from the July 3rd concert that the Boston Pops uses to
rehearse the concert on the 4th. The shot was pure luck as I had to hold the
camera over my head and guess to direction as I fired. the concert is, of
course, a good take whether or not you are shooting pix.

Old July 13th 08, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Jufí

"Annika1980" wrote in message

Douglas Macdonald:

#1 scammer would be all over this one. I was kinda expecting another
stepped-on panorama from him, however.

It was a difficult mandate. The closest thing I could have submitted
would have been this archive shot:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/87515776

Let's just hope that the title of this mandate along with the tiny
amount of entries doesn't say something about the Shoot-In itself.

You should have submitted it. There's no greater scam on this planet than
organized religion.