SONY DSC-H5 , good CHOICE?

Old June 29th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr

Default SONY DSC-H5 , good CHOICE?

Talal Itani wrote:
Hello,

I am shopping for a Digital Camera for semi-professional product
photography. I now use the Sony DSC-P200, with good results. I need
a fancier camera, with manual controls, bigger LCD, and more
close-up. I locked at Digital SLRs, but I am not totally convinced
that DSLR is good for me. The DSLRs have a small LCD display, so I
have to keep squinting through the view-finder. I recently
discovered the Sony DSC-H5. The DSC-H5 has a nice large display
through which I can see the product I am shooting very well. This
camera can get 2cm close to the object. it has manual controls, and
it is not very big. Do you agree with me, that this camera is a good
choice for me? Thank you! (I did visit dpreview and steves digicam,
but I like to hear from you.)
T.I.

You missed posting to rec.photo.digital.zlr which is the newsgroup
specially for this class of camera.

I've cross-posted and set follow-ups to that group.

David